I think I'm a little more ambitious then I should be when it comes to projects...especially when I'm pregnant.
When I was pregnant with Payton I made him blankets, burp clothes, hats, binki clips, and went all out decorating his room.
So this time around, I thought i'd do the same thing...for each baby.
I guess I forgot I have a 2 year old.
Even still, I have been busy getting some of my projects done.
I have completed a few blankets for them.
My favorite are the minki ones with the little tabs of ribbon around the outside. They are SO soft and warm. I love the colors, and how they each will have their own.
I have made 4 recieveing blankets and am working on crocheting around them. (only 3 are in the picture). I have stuck to a color theme. One of the boys will get all the blue, and the other all the green. Sometimes the fronts are the exact same, with different fabric on the back.
I have made a few burp clothes. I learned with Payton that the homemade ones just weren't absorbent enough for my projectile puker. So I used cloth diapers, not so cute. I will anticipate the same problems with reflux and puking for these two, so heavier duty burp clothes are a must. I found a cute idea to make plain white cloth diapers look much cuter by putting a panel of material down the middle. Here is a picture of some of the ones I saw online. I hope mine turn out as cute!
I have made a small dent in my list of projects.
Here is a pile of ongoing things!
When I was pregnant with Payton I made him blankets, burp clothes, hats, binki clips, and went all out decorating his room.
So this time around, I thought i'd do the same thing...for each baby.
I guess I forgot I have a 2 year old.
Even still, I have been busy getting some of my projects done.
I have completed a few blankets for them.
My favorite are the minki ones with the little tabs of ribbon around the outside. They are SO soft and warm. I love the colors, and how they each will have their own.
I have made 4 recieveing blankets and am working on crocheting around them. (only 3 are in the picture). I have stuck to a color theme. One of the boys will get all the blue, and the other all the green. Sometimes the fronts are the exact same, with different fabric on the back.
I have made a few burp clothes. I learned with Payton that the homemade ones just weren't absorbent enough for my projectile puker. So I used cloth diapers, not so cute. I will anticipate the same problems with reflux and puking for these two, so heavier duty burp clothes are a must. I found a cute idea to make plain white cloth diapers look much cuter by putting a panel of material down the middle. Here is a picture of some of the ones I saw online. I hope mine turn out as cute!
I have made a small dent in my list of projects.Here is a pile of ongoing things!
This week should be project central at our house!
Devry comes home tonight (YAY!)
Tomorrow we will get to work on our bedroom.
OUR bedroom? Really...yes I did take on the project of redoing our bedroom as well.
I am sick of it.
We painted it a deep rhubarb red about 3 years ago.
It wasn't really intentional. I had chosen the color to do an accent wall in another room, then changed my mind. Understandably, Devry was not too thrilled with the fact that we spent money on a gallon of red paint that I no longer wanted to use.
So when it came time to choose a color for our bedroom....guess what it had to be, since we already spent the money...rhubarb red.
I really don't mind the COLOR.
I HATE how dark it is though.
The room feels so closed in and dark.
I need a light, clean, bright feeling bedroom.
So after 3 years, I FINALLY get to re-do my bedroom!
Here is my bedroom now. So dark.
The plan:
Light, sky blue walls
White trim.
White bedding
Blue accent pillows
White curtains
White picture frames.
A clean, serene feeling room of blue and white.
I CAN'T WAIT!
I also get white crown molding, all the doors repainted, and some electrical repairs. What a wonderful husband I have!
Hopefully it will help me better enjoy the hours I spend in here with my two little babies.
Also this week:
The Nursery.
I have thrown around so many ideas for the nursery, and finally have found what I want.
Blue, Green and Tan, with a jungle animal theme.
I can't wait to see how it turns out!
And last but not least, my list of projects I will be working on over the next several weeks
- Car seat covers
- more burp clothes
- Bumper pads
- crib skirt
- A couple more blankets
- Names for their wall
- curtains
- Decorations for their room
should be fun!
28 week Dr's appointment tomorrow! It's a busy one with my glucose test, hgb level, and rhogam shot. I will also have an ultrasound to measure their growth. I'll post pictures soon!
Happy Sunday!
7 comments:
I made the diaper/burp cloths with Emmerlyn and I LOVE them, they are super easy to make and I put ribbon down the edge of the fabric so I didn't have to worry about making it look nice. One think I think I would do next time is use a cute flannel for the strip down the middle because it would absorb everything better. Good luck and enjoy getting ready for your babies.
Our life is so crazy right now this baby will be lucky if we remember to pick up a new pack of newborn diapers before due date! (I am kiddding...mostly) I am envious of your adorable crafting. I love minki blankets too.
Your room sounds like it will be pretty, and it explains all your white/blue room pinteresting:)
I love the blankets! So cute! Well the nice thing about a lot of projects is that it makes the time go faster! Let me know if you need help though.
wow, I think I need to take a nap! I'm exhausted from your list! haha, I hope you get it all done. Here is a tip I got from another twin mom...invest in paper plates for a while so you have less dishes after the twins are born!
have u seen these?
http://www.target.com/p/Gerber-Baby-Boys-4-Pack-Flannel-Burp-Cloths-Blue/-/A-13841799?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=Froogle_df&LNM=%7C13841799&CPNG=baby&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=13841799
pretty sure they are the same as the cloth diapers...I have like 30 of them....they are my fav. target usually has them. they are absorbant and big!
Your room will look gorgeous! I cannot wait to see all of the finished projects! The blankets and burpclothes are SO cute! I love everything you are planning and everything you have done. What a crafty lady you are.
Go Chelsey!!! You sound like such a mom now. I'm going to be looking up this post when I am pregnant with my first.
Love you and Devery and Payton tons,
Haley
Post a Comment