Family pic 2013

Family pic 2013

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Missing Devry

We really miss Devry today.
He has been out on location this week....working 16-19 hours a day with no cell service. We haven't talked more then 10 minutes at night in 5 days. Payton has only talked to him 1 time in 5 days. I am anxious for this week to be over. He will be in the shop next week, and only work 13ish hours a day. Not having him here is hard, but the weeks we don't get to talk are definitely the worst...for all of us.

Payton woke up at 5 am...screaming. This is really unusual for him. I quickly went in to calm him down. I sat and held him and he kept saying "Daddy cuddle with me" and "Daddy read me books." It broke my heart. The poor boy just wanted his Daddy. I sat and cried with him and rocked him. I know exactly how he feels missing Devry. I finally convinced him to lay down and let me read him a book. I left and he fell back asleep for a few more hours.

We went to church at 9. Both of us already tired and having an emotional day.
One of the speakers was Devry's cousin (well his cousin's husband), who also works away from his family in the oil fields most of the time. He talked about how much he missed his family, and how homesick he would get when he is away. He broke down in tears about it, and of course my emotions took over, and I couldn't keep the tears away. We miss Devry so much, and I know he misses us, and is homesick too.

I tried to take Payton to nursery, but he started crying. He NEVER cries about going to nursery. He loves going! He kept wanting me, Grandma and Grandpa to hold him. No one could convince him to stay. I felt bad leaving him there crying, so I gave him the choice of staying or going home for a nap. He chose a nap. So we headed home, and he fell asleep so quickly. He really was overtired and needed it.

One more week until Devry comes home. It cannot go fast enough, yet I know it will drag on! I am grateful to him for making so many sacrifices to provide for us. I know he has just as hard of a time as we do being apart, but goes willingly to work his butt off, and never complains. What an amazing husband I have! I feel so lucky!
He will only be home 3 more times before I have these babies. CRAZY! Hopefully it works out perfect and he can have 3-4 weeks off when I have them...that would be really nice. Not to have to say goodbye for a month! Here's hoping!

2 comments:

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

I'm sorry you have to endure this kind of distance. I know exactly how you feel to a certain extent (I could still talk to Nate but with the time difference between Ca. and Nj it wasn't much) and it stunk! I remember thinking, "He has it so easy, he just works all day and comes home to a quiet house with no kids having tantrums and no nagging wife." I asked him about this and he surprised me with the fact that he'd rather have those things than be far away from each other. I remember feeling grateful for the hard work he did for us, only to come home to an empty house and a baked potatoe for dinner. These times with make you guys stronger- and these times will make you guys love each other than much more. I know it made a huge difference in our relationship as a couple once we were back together again. I hope he gets to take a few weeks off when the babies are born so the transition is easier on everybody!

Rachelle said...

Let me know if you want to hang out! I'm glad Carissa is there to help you too, but I know nothing replaces having your partner and a dad for Payton around. Hoping for a quick week for you!