Devry turned 27 on the 28th!
Unfortunately he had to work all day. I felt bad that he had to spend his Birthday working, so I decided I would postpone it until the 29th :)
I woke up with Payton on the 29th. Devry had gotten home really late, so I tried to let him sleep in. The only problem is that he doesn't ever sleep in :) So after getting some things ready I let him get out of bed.
He came out and saw the decorations I had made.
I loved making this Happy Birthday Banner. I will be able to use it for lots of Birthday's
Unfortunately he had to work all day. I felt bad that he had to spend his Birthday working, so I decided I would postpone it until the 29th :)
I woke up with Payton on the 29th. Devry had gotten home really late, so I tried to let him sleep in. The only problem is that he doesn't ever sleep in :) So after getting some things ready I let him get out of bed.
He came out and saw the decorations I had made.
I loved making this Happy Birthday Banner. I will be able to use it for lots of Birthday's
Payton had fun making his. I let him color it, and we taped balloons on like he wanted.
The funniest part was when he kept asking to make a kite to go with his card, "like mommy." I was really confused, until he started pointing to the banner I made. Apparently he thought I was making kite's for Devry when I was making the banner. So I let him pick out some scrap paper and we tied some string to it. He loved giving it to Devry for a gift!
Throughout the rest of the day I had so much fun surprising Devry with gifts
He had insisted that I not buy him anything big. So I made lots of little gifts and came up with some really fun ideas to make it special.
Here is the pile of presents I gave him. I decided to do a bit of a scavenger hunt for him to find them.
Devry's first gift was this little box I made. Every gift after this had little tokens in it. Something I would do for him, free days of diaper changes, a dessert of his choosing...etc.
I put a dry erase marker on the back with Velcro. It is fun to write little notes on it telling Devry why I love him!
The last gift is alot of fun! I filled these jars with a combination of 366 pieces of his favorite kinds of candy and notes. The notes have things I love about Devry, my favorite memories of us dating, etc. Each day in 2012 he gets to choose a note to read, or a candy to eat. I hope that doing this will mean a lot to him, especially during the weeks he is away and I don't get to tell him those things in person.
I also made another little gift for him to enjoy the weeks he is gone. I filled 2 pill containers with various types of candies, and little quotes on marriage, relationships etc. Each day, he gets to enjoy a little candy and read some quotes that will help us appreciate each other more, and strengthen our marriage.
I had fun finding and thinking of these ideas. Devry really appreciated everything and enjoyed opening gifts.
My SIL Rachelle was so kind and watched Payton for us for a few hours in the afternoon.
Devry and I went to my Dr's appointment, and ate Dinner at Costa Vida.
After Dinner we came home, and had some of Devry's family over for cake.
I bugged Devry to tell me what kind of cake he wanted. He doesn't like me going all out for him, so his request was a very simple brownies and ice cream.
I may have elaborated. :)
His favorite candy is reese's peanut butter cups.
I searched online and found a Brownie Reese's PB cup ice cream cake.
I had to make it!
It was really really good, and I will definitely use the recipe again.
We had a fun day! I enjoyed spending the day appreciating Devry.
I cannot even begin to express how much I love this incredible man.
He truly is amazing!
He is the most hardworking, devoted husband.
He works hours and hours away from us, and never complains.
He is always so thoughtful of me, and always makes me smile and laugh.
I love him more and more the longer I am married to him.
I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband!
Happy 27th Birthday Devry!!
4 comments:
i better not let joe see all this! whew, you did a ton!!
Wow, you are like the best wife ever! That is an amazing birthday. I love all the decorations- the banner is adorable! Did you use paper or fabric? And I love all the presents you gave him. Such cute ideas!
I am super impressed! I can't even remember what we did for Lee's last birthday...but I am inspired by you to make the next one more fun! I am sure your gifts were so meaningful to Devry too, it is so hard having to be apart and it does help to know someone is thinking about you.
Alright...you win:)
My birthday is in September...just saying:)
Post a Comment