Family pic 2013

Family pic 2013

Saturday, January 14, 2012

A little get a way

Devry and I had been talking for a while about doing something for just the two of us.
I had told him I wanted to go somewhere before I got too pregnant.
My Dr. wouldn't be too thrilled about me leaving town much past 30 weeks.
And my discomfort is increasing every week, so I wanted to go before it got too bad.

So we left early Wednesday morning and headed to Salt Lake City.
Carissa kept Payton for us the majority of the time, with another friend and Devry's mom each taking a turn while Carissa went to her other job. We are so grateful to have such awesome people we trust with him..who he LOVES!
We started the trip by eating out at Tucano's.
We really enjoyed it! So yummy. Zantac helped me enjoy it even more. Gotta love Acid Reflux.
Then we went and got to visit with a couple of my stepsisters for a bit. We stopped at Ikea and a few stores and enjoyed a bit of shopping without a rugrat to chase around!
Then we headed to the hotel.
We stayed at the Anniversary Inn. It was such a great room, with a HUGE jacuzzi tub. I was in heaven! My tub SUCKS, and it is one of the few ways I can get my back not to hurt, so I thoroughly enjoyed this one for a day!
I didn't want to plan much, and just enjoy some time to relax. We definitely did!
On Thursday we slept in, enjoyed yummy breakfast, did a bit of shopping, ate some lunch, then Devry had secretly planned a surprise for me.
He sent me to get a massage.
Such a thoughtful guy! He knew how bad my back has been hurting, and wanted to spoil me and help with the back pain. It was SO nice and relaxing. Such a thoughtful guy!

We headed back to Rexburg a bit before dinner time, then stopped for Cafe Rio in Ogden.
We enjoyed talking, laughing and just spending time together on the way home.
I am the worst picture taker EVER.
Especially when Payton isn't with us.
I brought the camera..but it never left the case!
Silly me.

I loved having a little get-a-way with Devry.
It will be the last chance we get for quite a long time.
I miss him so much when he is gone working.
When he comes home, I have such a long honey-do list for him, and he has his own list of things to get done that those weeks seem to just fly by. I loved the opportunity to leave, forget about work, things that need done, being a parent, and just enjoy each other.




No comments: