Family pic 2013

Family pic 2013

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Hard Days.

Today was a hard day. Payton has been very fussy and cranky the past week. I assumed it was teething (he is getting 4 pre-molars). Then he started coughing and became so congested. So I thought it was allergies. After benadryl did nothing, and his cough kept getting worse, I finally started to think he was sick for real. His cough has been so bad, and I can hear his raspy breathing all night on the monitor. I worried it was strep throat or croup. I took him to a doctor (not his doctor, who was out of the office), and the conclusion was most likely croup (the strep test was negative). So since there isn't really a whole lot we can do for croup. I have been trying my best to be patient with my whiny, fussy, irritable baby.
Then today...I woke up with a bad sore throat. Luckily I have the best doctor ever, who called me in prescriptions after a simple phone call. No dragging my sick and cranky child to the doctors office. I did have other meetings and errands I had to run though. By the time we were driving home from everything we had to do, Payton was screaming at the top of his lungs, and I was in tears. He slept for only 40 minutes because he started coughing so much. And the rest of the day has been Payton crying, fussing, whining, screaming, and me trying to cope with it.
I love my little boy more then anything, but days like to days makes me realize how difficult being a mom can be. It also makes me realize how much my mom did for me. I remember one time when my mom was sick she drove us around to different places we needed to be. I even remember her stopping the car because she had to throw up. And another time when everyone in the family was sick, including her, and she spent the entire time taking care of us. And I completely took it for granted. It really takes being on the other end of it to truly appreciate it.

5 comments:

Jeannette & Brandt said...

You are an amazing mother Chels. And after having children you really do realize how much moms really do. It is crazy, but so worth it. I hope that you both get to feeling better! Having sick babies is really no fun at all!

jjandb said...

Hopefully everyone is on the mend soon! I think it is the hardest part of being a mom...when you need your mom, but you ARE the mom. One episode of a whole house with the stomach flu comes to mind- doing the laundry between barfs was not my favorite day of motherhood by far...but those are good for filing away under "perspective".

Feel better soon!

xo

lisa h. said...

so sorry :( I hope Devry took over today and let you rest! get better!

Rachelle said...

Hope you all are feeling better by now. It's so hard when kids are sick and then you are on top of that.

The Johansen's said...

Oh Chelsey...how I wish I lived closer, and I could help you out! In years to come you will say you would do it all again and understand that Motherhood is often synonomous with sacrifice!
You are an amazing Mom Chelsey!