I was looking through my blog, and realized I have been pretty good about blogging the major things in our life, but not the small things. I decided I am going to try to post more about our "nothing days." The days we stay at home, and do "nothing." (Although, usually those are the days I do TONS around the house). So here are a few nothing moments from the past week or so.
Today has been a "nothing" day. Just our normal routine. Payton was really nice and slept in till 9 this morning. I can't get over how much this boy sleeps! He sleeps 12-13 hours a night without making a peep, and still takes 2 naps (usually 1 1/2 - 2 hours each). I will let him sleep as much as he wants and am in no rush to eliminate a nap! He is so happy when he is awake because he is so rested. After waking up, we ate breakfast and I gave him a bath.

He loves the tub! I let him play for about a half hour. After his bath, we played with his toys. About 10:30 he started to get tired, so we read some books and I asked him if he was ready for a nap. He started to sign "milk." So I went and made him his bottle. He is so funny. He comes to the kitchen with me, and signs milk over and over again while I make his bottle. When I start to put the cover on, he runs to the family room, sits down and waits for me to bring him is bottle. Here he is waiting. I promise he isn't always naked to his diaper :)

Then, I hand him his bottle and he lays down and drinks it so fast!

Then he goes and finds his pacifier. We are working on limiting the amount he is allowed his pacifier to nap time only. It has been working really well, and gets so excited to have it when it is nap time. After he finds his pacifier, he walks into his room, and stands by his crib. He is so good at going to sleep.

I pick him up, give him tons of kisses, and lay him down. I hand him his blankie, and "ugly doll" (my friends from highschool gave it to him when he was a newborn....and its the stuffed animal he has gotten attached to) and turn off the lights. He just lays and talks for about 5-10 minutes, then falls asleep.

I love mornings like today. I love when he wakes up in the morning and starts to play. I walk in to get him, and he gets SO excited to see me. I love eating breakfast together, and then having playtime. I love how happy my little boy is.

A few other fun moments lately have been with the puppies. Payton just LOVES them. He sees them or hears them and starts signing dog over and over. If I ask him where the puppies are, he goes to the window and starts imitating them (making a high pitched barking noise). He tries to pick them up, usually by an ear, a tail or a collar. We have to watch him pretty close with them. Here he is holding one, and sitting with all of them


Yesterday, Devry and I were getting dinner ready. Payton was playing in the next room, then it got quiet...too quiet. We go around the corner to see what he was up to and this is what we find.

He had gotten his diaper cream out of his diaper bag, and opened it up. It was everywhere!
Here is Payton pulling his John deer truck around. He does this ALL day. He takes it from room to room with him. If he forgets it in another room and realizes it, he starts signing "car" and runs to find his truck. The funniest part is when he is pulling it, he makes a "car" noise by blowing raspberries. He constantly has a drool stain on his shirt from blowing raspberries.

I adore my little boy. I am so grateful for a job that allows me to be home with him everyday and work while he sleeps. He is my world, and I love every second I have with him.
4 comments:
love the ugly doll! i'm glad he's such a good sleeper!! it makes life so nice.
he just keeps growing up so fast!
Aww this was such a sweet post! Payton is such a cutie- I wish I was there to see him and have play dates. He is such a good little boy and I am definitely jealous of how much he naps!
Such a cutie! Ben slept that much too...just about still does at 3! Jacob does not, so count your blessings:P
When does Mommy sleep?
I love those puppies! I wish we could get one!
Post a Comment