- Rolling over BOTH ways. (but really he only goes from back to tummy if he REALLY wants to get something...then he rolls right back)
- Smiling EVERY time I walk in the room
- Major increase in his babbling. He is even trying to copy me. His best is "ii" (when I say Hi). He also includes "oooo" "ahhhh" "mmmmm"
- Squeeling in delight when i kiss his cheeks
- Shaking all of his rattles (and hitting himself in the face with them)
- Giving hugs....or at least I think he is. He grabs me (my face, ears, hair etc) and pulls me as close as he can. he does the same thing with his Teddy Bear.
- Sitting up.....kind of. He will for a bit...then all of a sudden face plant on the ground. I still don't leave him alone sitting without his boppy around him.
- Trying to eat everything and anything we are. If he sees us eating he yells at us if we aren't giving him something to eat. Meal time is now us taking turn feeding him his veggie or fruit. And if we wait to long between bites he gets mad and yells
- Sucking his thumb after every bite of food. Bite goes in...thumb follows...he swallows...thumb comes out....mouth opens for next bite...We have to hold his hands down while we are feeding him unless we want to give him a bath right after.
- Chewing on his toes.
And the latest entertainment for Payton is.... A bottle of apple juice with handles. I had come down with a nasty flu yesterday and was desperate for some sleep, and Payton was wanting entertained. So I grabbed a bottle, filled it 3/4 with water, 1/4 with apple juice and handed it to him. Now he has never been good at holding a bottle...even with handles. He always drops it then crys till I give it back to him. Not today! He LOVED the juice and sat for 2 hours smiling, laughing, drinking, and talking to his bottle of juice. He would drop it, and then roll over and pick it up. He was SO cute! And best of all...he was happy for 2 hours after his juice was gone. So giggly and smiley. I got some good rest thanks to that wonderful bottle of juice!
I love my little guy so much! He is so much fun! Such a pleasant and happy baby.
3 comments:
Oh he sounds so stinkin cute :) Especially the hugs and the squealing. Naomi has been finding her thumb lately. She is still curling it, though so it doesn't stay in to suck for long.
What race are you running for your 10k? I'm thinking I might do 3 half marathons this summer.... Ambitious? I think so. :)
HOpe you get well soon.
Aww, I love that he gives you and his teddy hugs! That is soo cute! And I am sorry about you being so sick...that seriously sucks!
Post a Comment