I think I forgot how GREAT it feels to eat healthy and exercise. I have been so diligent this week in staying on track with my goals, and it payed off when I weighed in 5 lbs less this morning then I did last week. I don't know that I have ever been this motivated to get into shape, at least not for me (I have been motivated to be in shape for basketball, or swimming, but not simply for myself). I am enjoying planning meals, and planning workouts. I look forward to working out everyday, and am anxious when I dont get to until the evening. I am watching my calorie intake very closely with www.myfitnesspal.com. What a WONDERFUL and EASY way to help you loose weight, check it out! I have more energy, I am happier, I feel good about myself, and about my progress. Devry has been AMAZING in helping me. He even eats what I eat (mostly)...including Salad and other vegetables (although he substituted his sweet potato for a "real potato" of course loaded with ranch and cheese..haha). I really want these habits to become part of our lives. I got rid of ALL of our junk food. If its not in front of me, I won't eat it. No more late night nachos, or sugar filled cereal. I am trying to substitute everything unhealthy in our diet with something healthy.
My challenge is when I work. I work nights, 6pm to 6am. I cannot figure out how to balance my diet with my work schedule. Do I eat all night then not eat the next day? Do I still try to eat dinner before I leave and not eat all night while I work? I just don't know when to eat dinner? Any suggestions? I have used snacking as a way to stay awake. I WILL be stopping that. Last time I worked, I got tired about 2am, and instead of making my usual 2 am toast and mountain dew, I grabbed a cup of ice chips and snacked my heart out on them.
I am feeling great and loving it!
6 comments:
great job! that is hard, I didn't think about staying up all night and getting hungry. I guess just bring lots of healthy snacks, even wheat bread with a little peanut butter would be filling.
Good job Chels! Sounds like you are making great progress and loving it! I am happy for you!
Awesome job! I'm glad you feel so good. I don't know what to do about night shifts, but I would guess that it might be important to keep your five small meals going through a twenty four our period, you know, cause when you sleep the next morning you might skip a meal then. ??? Let us know what you figure out. Congrats on that 5 lbs! Oh yeah, and if they let you chew gum at work you could try a sugar free watermelon flavor gum, that also help me with food cravings.
Way to go that's awesome! I know what you mean about how encouraging it is to see a difference and want to keep going.
Personally I don't think a person can run all night with out eating since every other day your body is programmed to be sleeping those hours and renewing your energy rather than spending it.
Eat dinner before you go to work always because your night shifts will be like another day for you which makes dinner on those days like your breakfast for your "extra day". Then have a small meal at about the time your energy starts to crash. If you try to schedule that small meal for about the same time every shift your body will expect that energy renewal at a certain time and will work around it. If your worried about the "extra" meal just make sure you make it healthy and well balanced. You can't ever get too many vegetables so you can load on the veggies like there's no tomorrow. Don't forget the protein because that's what will keep you feeling hungry after your meal! Wheat bread and peanut butter is a great idea, or apples with pb. Don't be afraid of calories though because, quite literally calories=energy (it's true I learned it in hs chemistry.) so just make sure it's the right kind of calories. Just remember low sodium, low sugar, high protein. Fill any other cravings in with ice or something simple like that to munch on like you're already doing.
Remember just keep it healthy and you have nothing to regret and only energy to gain.
Keep up the great work!
Jeeeeeeeeelous...
I tried to simply cut out sugar for the duration of this pregnancy and found myself rummaging in the back of the baking cupboard for stale mini marshmellows last night... I believe they call that "rock bottom"??
Good for you!!!
You're awesome Chelsey! Kudos! Ditto to most of the other commentors. I remember trying to figure out eating with night shifts.
You have to have a snack, but instead of munching every half hour, make it deliberate. Take a 3-5 minute break and sit and eat. Food will not only keep your energy up, but it also keeps your metabolism up. So when you're running around at work all night you'll have enough energy to be burning calories!! Yeah!
Post a Comment