Payton is getting his two bottom teeth. They are finally both through the gums. He really hasn't been very fussy at all, just a bit more clingy and needy. His right one came in first, and we didn't even know until it was almost through. The left one seems to be a bit more painful for him. I have had to give him tylenol a couple of times and some teething tablets. All in all though he has been great! I can't figure something out though, maybe all the moms out there can share some insight. About a month ago, Payton had a bad cough and cold. He seemed to get over most of it, but the congestion stayed. I used saline drops, humidifiers, vicks baby rub, and nothing seemed to improve it. Finally the doctor saw him when he went for his shots, and started him on singulair, thinking it was allergies. Its been about a week and the congestion is MUCH better. I just don't know whether it really was allergies, or just teething. Do babies get congested and stuffy while teething? I may have to try taking away the singulair for a few days to see if it comes back. It makes it hard when he is having more then one problem at the same time, how do you know what really causes it, and takes care of it?
Quick update on me: Healthy eating and exercise is going great! I have started p90x with Devry, and still continue to do my eliptical or zumba every day. As of my weigh in yesterday.....9 lbs down!! I am not below my prepregnant weight! I'm enjoying the changes i am making. I feel much better. I am working this weekend, and am going to try to take healthy snacks to eat, and keep on track!
8 comments:
great job w/ the weight loss, i'm sure it feels good.
mmm, not sure about the congestion. i guess she what happenes when you take away the meds. my kids always seem to drool and get fevers when teething.
9 pounds already!? That's awesome, you should be so proud of yourself!
Glad Payton is doing well with the teething!!
If its any help to you ethan got really sick with the 1st two teeth he got. Stuffy nose, congestion the whole bit. He even got croupe. Id take him off the meds and see the difference in him. I wouldn't want to give him them if that wasn't the case. Its hard when so many things are wrong at the same time. Good luck!!
My kids sometimes get congested while teething.
Keep up the good work!
We have been told by several Dr. that allergies can start as young as 6 months (that's why the doses start at that age). That's the only way to tell for sure: stop it and see if it changes anything. My kids usually had runny noses when teething, so I would say yes, they can be more congested.
I agree with what others have said. I would take him off and see how it goes! My sister in law said that her little boy was super sick while teething as well and it didn't go away for a while. Let me know how it goes!!!
Ben was always congested when he was teething, with a really runny (clear) nose and he would get runny diapers, be irritable and have a fever (can I say how glad I am THAT is over!)...
It may explain why he wasn't sleeping well a little while ago, that is probably when his teeth where shifting up through the gums, apperetly the most painful part and then they often make thier less dramatic appearance soon after!
Go 9 POUNDS!!! I am hoping to lose about that much any minute now...
P90X kicked my trash when I followed it. My little sister is doing it right now and comes out each night so I do some of it with her. But I exercise and train during her first nap.
And I'm not a mom of a kid with teeth yet, but as for nieces and nephews they had very runny noses. Like super super runny all down their shirts and all over anyone who touched them. I bet that's what it was. If it comes back with each tooth then you know!
Post a Comment