In the past my attempt to achieve goals has been more successful when I write them down, and share them with others. That way, I feel like it is more concrete, and not just a thought in my mind. Because of this, I have decided to share one of my very important goals on my blog, that way those of you reading can see updates on my progress and help motivate me.
I want to loose my "nursing school" and "baby" weight. I started nursing school about a month after getting married. Between the life changes marriage brings, the stress of nursing school, and lack of time, I put on some weight (20ish lbs) After graduating nursing school, I began to try to loose it. After losing a few punds (5 I think), I found out I was pregnant, and as a result I gained more weight. I gained more then I had expected, totaling 44 lbs gained during pregnancy. From nursing I lost 35lbs easily...but nursing does not seem to be helping me loose anymore. I am currently 6-7 lbs away from my prepregnant weight. Once I reach my prepregnant weight, I hope to loose another 25-30lbs. I know my body, and am very realistic, so I am setting goals according to that. I hope to achieve this 35ish lbs weight loss goal by Payton's 1 year birthday, July 27th (this is about 1 lb a week...which is reasonable for me).
How I will achieve it: I believe that making a plan is just as important as setting a goal.
- Eating healthier: Since I am breastfeeding, I cannot cut my calories way down, so instead I need to find healthier choices to fill the calories with. We have gotten into a habit of finding "quick" and "easy" foods, AKA. unhealthy, processed junk. When I plan and make a meal schedule, I eat much better. I also save money by following a strict grocery list. It will take more planning and is more time consuming, but I know when I eat healthier, I feel better. I want Payton to grow up eating right, and I know it needs to start now, with me and Devry.
- Exercise: I have always been very active, and involved alot in sports (basketball and swimming especially). I am very out of shape right now, and miss being able to enjoy exercise. Right now, it is painful to exercise. I hate this feeling of being out of shape. I enjoy running, but cannot do it in the wintertime. For now, I will be doing several different forms of exercise. 1. Zumba - a wonderful dance aerobics type class that I attend 2-3 times per week. 2. Eliptical - I have one, and need to use it more. 3. P90X - Devry bought me all the tools for p90X for Christmas, and we should be getting the discs very soon. I want to use it mostly for toning 4. Swimming - I know this won't happen as often as I would like, but I am going to try to swim. It involves me going to the school, which is much more time consuming, but I really enjoy swimming, and think it is the best exercise. 5. personal trainer - I am fortunate enough to have access to a FREE personal trainer as long as I am a student. I want to take advantage of it before I graduate. I will try to set up weekly sessions with one to help assess where I am at. I will sign up for a 10K race sometime this summer, and once the weather is nice I will train for it by running outside.
My motivation for achieving this goal is primarily so I feel healthier, and better about myself. But also, it is for my family. I want to start healthy habits of eating right and exercising now so that it becomes part of our daily lives. I have always played on teams, which is often where my motivation came from. I have had a challenge pushing myself the way I was pushed by a coach or teammate. I want to change this. I want to motivate myself, but also be able to turn to family and friends for support.
I know I can achieve my goal. I know it will take daily decisions and changes to get there, but I am ready for it!
4 comments:
you can do it! i hope to do it after this next baby comes. although I did buy myself a gym membership last month, and although I won't lose any weight being pregnant, at least I'll hopefully be in the habit.
let me know if you have any good recipes y'all like! After like 4 years of making brown rice & wheat pasta Joe finally doesn't complain anymore....so it can be done. goodluck and keep us posted!
Great! I have been thinking all week about whether we should sign up for a 5K or 10K, so I guess 10K it is! Thanks for motivating me too! This will definately motivate me, so I don't die during that run! :)
Great goals!! Good Luck this year with accomplishing them. Payton sure is a cute kid & I'm sure so worth those extra 6-7lbs. :)
Good job in planning your resolution! That shows ture commitment! I think you'll do awesome! (And just a side note, I think my "nursing school" weight hit me really hard too!! I think I finally have it under control now though!)
Post a Comment