Family pic 2013

Family pic 2013

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Home.

Fall is here. Out of no where, the weather started getting cold, and summer dissapeared. I have always enjoyed the fall, at least I thought I did. I have begun to discover that I enjoy Nova Scotia's fall. Not Rexburg's. Rexburg just gets cold and turns brown. This fall is making me somewhat homesick. I have never really been homesick before. Of course I have missed my family, and home, but never homesick. It started when I saw a Nova Scotian musician, Natalie MacMaster perform at the school here. She plays celtic music, and just hearing the music reminded me of home. It was a very good concert, Devry even loved it! Then the weather started really changing, and I missed the vibrant fall colors from home. I jumped online to search for some pictures, finding the ones I've posted below.
Besides the beautiful colors. I miss the water. Nova Scotia is almost completely surrounded by the ocean, with lakes almost everywhere you go. It really is a beautiful place. Hopefully it wont be too much longer before I make it home again. I was sad to miss Canadian Thanksgiving. Although Thanksgiving isn't near as big of a deal in Canada as it is in the states, it is still a time my family gets together to celebrate. Hopefully I can make it home next year for thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Nova Scotia looks gorgeous! I'd love to visit there if I had loads of money sitting around, and didn't have 2-3 kids making that long trip with me! Fall is my favorite season too, but mostly Rexburg skips fall and seems to go directly into winter. But we love having you here in the states, Chelsey! thanks for staying.