
Besides working out more, I have been following a "diet" that my sister in law Rachelle introduced me to. Its called Michael Thurmond's six week body makeover. Its more of a lifestyle change than a "diet." Basically the program is designed around your individual body type, and chooses the foods that will help speed metabolizm. The best part about it...I don't get hungry. I Eat 5 times a day, with the right balance of carbs, protein and fruit and veggies so that my body gets what it needs. After I loose the weight I want, I can switch and do the "maintenance" diet, designed to keep you at the weight you want. Its been a lot easier then I expected, as long as I plan ahead. I find if i ever skip one of the meals, the next time I need to eat I am starving and have a harder time sticking to what I'm supposed to eat. If i plan right and have everything I need to follow the plan, I make it through the day without feeling hungry at all. I rarely crave junk or heavy carbs anymore. Im onto week number two, and although I have no idea if I have actually lost lbs, I am feeling so much better, so I know it is working. Check out the website to learn more about it! http://www.mybodymakeover.com/
Devry started his new job. They started him in the lube bay, where they change oil and stuff. It is where they usually start everyone. It has been going well for him. He didn't have to learn much, since he knew how to do everything already. His boss loves him because he actually shows up to work ontime and not hung over, and does his job. Apparantly people like him are hard to come by because he one of the only ones there like that.
I realized even more the other day how much I love my job. It was my 4th 12 hour shift in a row, and I had a patient that was induced at the beginning of my shift. I helped her through her labor all day, and she was finaly dilated to a 10 and pushing at 6pm, right when shift change is. The night nurse came in to take over for me, but there was no way I was leaving until she had her baby. It was so important to me that I see her through her delivery, that I didn't mind at all staying an extra hour to help her deliver and then get her comfortable afterwards. It wasn't even about the money anymore. I wanted to stay because I cared about my patient, and loved what I was doing. What a blessing it is to be in a career that I love, and even more that I was able to get into the position I want right away. How do people go to work everyday when they hate their job? I don't understand it, and dont feel like I ever will have to understand it because I love what I do.
3 comments:
Thats awesome Chels! You'll have to tell me if your diet works, its sounds great! I need like a pregnancy diet or something because ever since I got pregnant alls I want is junk and I was never like that before. So I have to have a lot of self control! Ya know whats weird...You will probably be working when I have my baby! And Kate's baby too! We found out that we were prego on the same day and have the same due date since our periods were the same. Crazy huh! I'm so glad that you love your job! I cant wait till I have that! Well sounds like everything is going amazing for you! Take care!
goodluck w/ your diet. we'll have to keep each other motivated! i wish i had an eliptical...i have a treadmill, but i think i'd like an eliptical better. it's getting so cold, i don't know how much longer we'll be able to go to the park.
good for you for staying at work to help your patient. i would have hated if my nurse changed right in the middle of my labor! i'm sure she appreciated it.
I know what you mean about loving your job! I've been through plenty that I didn't like and it was nice to leave a job that I would have stayed at for years. Congrats on your healthy life style goal. I'm glad you got Devry to go along with it because it makes a HUGE difference. I'm working on that myself right now, but it will take a while to get into anything serious because of the c-section. So right now I'm just focusing on not eating too much and breast feeding. Plus not being at work where people bring junk you wouldn't otherwise eat has been great, along with not sitting at a comp all day. I love having my day to myself free to run around! Good luck and keep up the work:)
Post a Comment