Family pic 2013

Family pic 2013

Monday, October 13, 2008

Feast or Famine

Thats how it is on Labor and Delivery. Last week I was running mad because we had too many patients and couldn't keep up. I go to work this morning, and helped deliver one lady, then moved her to the post partum unit, and got put on cal because we had NO patients. Oh well, I needed a day to get caught up in my classes.


My little puppy isn't so little anymore. It hit me the other day that he is losing his "puppy" look and is now looking more like a "dog." Daisy and dash are best buds. They play all day together, and have to be right next to each other while they sleep. They also cause a lot of trouble together. Daisy knows very well that she is not allowed on the furniture. For some reason she thinks the rule only applies when we are watching. I find her on our front room couch quite often and she jumps down as soon as she sees me..before I say a word. I was doing some laundry and walked in the front room, to find her there yet again. I scolded her and went back to what I was doing. Next time I walked into the room both daisy and dash were up on the couch. Now he things its a pretty comfy place to sleep and will climb up there on his own. Why can't she teach him the good things she knows, like shake, roll over, and stay?

Other News..

I guess its pretty close to official so I can share. Since Devry has been able to line up a job for after graduation here in rexburg, and because I love my job so much, we have decided to stay around.. for a while at least. We are currently in the process of buying Devry's parents house. It is the one we live in now, and have been renting from them, so it wont mean any big changes like moving or anything. I will be doing some remodeling to the house to make it "mine." I am trying to pick out carpet and paint colors that I like, and we will start on it as soon as the paperwork goes through. I am wanting to get it done before christmas. Devry's cousin Scott lives down the street and builds houses for a living, so we are very lucky that he is willing to help us out some. I will be posting before and after pictures as I get things done. I am really excited about it!

2 comments:

lisa h. said...

you sound like me, having to stay busy! school, work, dogs, home projects! someone said to me the other day (cause i was out at the park with the kids and nolan was like a week old and i was saying i was the room parent for evan's class) "if you want something done, ask a busy person!" i thought about that for a while and realized how busy i keep myself, i get a little crazy if i have nothing on my calendar!

can't wait to see the before and after pictures!

Anonymous said...

congrats on the house thing! hope remodeling goes well!