It has been so much harder for me to keep up with blogging lately! I am always so SO busy, helping, feeding, fixing, holding, hugging, disciplining, loving, playing with my kids, EVERYTHING else has taken a back seat.
So here is a bit of a summary of our life lately:
- We miss Devry. A lot.
- We spend most days outside.
- I took a quick trip to Utah with the kids for Haley's mission Farewell. SO wonderful to see the Brooksby's again (family I nannied for). Kids did great! I managed going down and back alone with them no problem!
- My mom and Trent have been here off an on the last 2 weeks! LOVE IT!
- Payton is so funny! He calls everyone a Gomer (thanks to Grandpa). Talks non stop. Is so sweet (and also can flip a switch and be Not so sweet :), plays hard, loves swimming, loves being outside. Loves playing with friends. Will do anything to have apple juice and watch curious george.
- Cohen has not lost any hair. He sucks his fingers..no matter how many times I replace them with a pacifier. Is a "bashful smiler," and always looks embarrassed when he smiles at us. Has adorable dimples. Looks exactly like his daddy. Loves to be held. Loves to be rocked. Sleeps 6-8 hours straight at night.
- Kayson is Mr chunky monkey! He has such adorable chubby thighs, face, belly,everything! He lost all of his hair on top..and its coming back in..still blonde. is bald in the back. Is the happiest baby I have ever seen. Smiles non stop. Laughs, coo's, and smiles some more. Has adorable dimples. LOVES people, but especially his mommy. Also sleeps 6-8 hours straight at night.
- Devry - Works. A lot. During his weeks in the "field" he has worked between 110 and 130 hours a week. His shop weeks are "slower"....and he gets about 100-110 hours a week. ugh...its exhausting for me to even think about. He loves his weeks off. Adores his boys. Is an amazing dad and husband. Treats his wife like gold. Is positive, happy and fun. Had surgery on his wrist on his last week off. Went back to work and was so tough about it all!
- Me - busy. LOVING being home with my kids...besides the 3-4 shifts I work a month to keep up my nursing skills. Adoring my two wonderful babies. Trying to have patience with my very independent almost 3 year old. Trying to stay busy with activities, play groups, projects and more to help Devry's work weeks pass quicker. Stressed...but happy!
Thanks to my I-phone, I DO take tons of pictures. I realized although most of them get posted on Facebook, I don't put them on my blog. So...here is a HUGE overload of pictures of what we have been up to! Sorry they are out of order, and very random. I'll try to describe them!
 |
| Taken by a local photographer named Amy. |
 |
| Devry's wrist post surgery. |
 |
| Kayson...always smiling. |
 |
| We cut out nap time to make bedtime easier....some days resulting in Payton crashing on the couch. |
 |
| Or in the car |
 |
| Payton "working like daddy" on his lawn mower |
 |
| Loves his brothers! |
 |
| Happy boys! |
 |
| Bathtime has become an every day event...because dirt time has too. |
 |
| Starting to really love toys! |
 |
| Love these boys!...poor Kayson, still content even though his head is being smooched into a concrete wall. |
 |
| Have I mentioned i ADORE these 4 ! |
 |
| Church clothes |
 |
| Bumbo time! SO grateful for Melissa for lending me her bumbo! |
 |
| BOB time. I LOVE MY BOB! |
 |
| More dirt |
 |
| Payton's turn in the bumbo |
 |
| Ready for a morning run with mommy. |
 |
| Sleeping great during nap time. Still love to be next to each other. |
 |
| Washed the car with mommy |
 |
| Happy Kayson.. |
 |
| Serious Cohen...still makes us work hard for smiles. But man they are adorable when they come! |
 |
| See!? |
 |
| A typical dinner time.... |
 |
| Can you see his bashful look when he smiles ? |
 |
Sucks his fingers...little stinker!
Life is good. I am loving this precious time with my boys, and wouldn't trade it for anything. We are hoping and praying for some changes to come that will allow us to be together as a family again. Its been a year this month that Devry's been working away. A long year. I'm ready to see him more. He is missing so much with the kiddos. We need a change. Hopefully soon. |
3 comments:
It sounds like you guys are doing great. I still cannot believe how much Devry works...that is crazy! I hope that something can/will work out for you guys. That would be amazing! We'll keep you in our prayers as well! I wish we lived closer so we could play and keep each other entertained! Your boys are getting so big and so cute! The twins already look so different!
“There are some years in our lives that we would not want to live again. But even these years will pass away, and the lessons learned will be a future blessing.”
― Marjorie Pay Hinckley
That quote is my mantra. There are hard years, but they are needful, right? :) I have to say I just admire how hard both you and Devry are working, and how you manage to stay a close family, even apart. It's so hard. But you're doing it right! ♥ And your family is just darling, loved all the pics!
Cute cute boys!!! It would be fun to see how they compare size wise to J! Too bad we dont live there anymore. Glad you're doing so good, isn't 3 so much fun?!
Post a Comment