I realized I never posted about the Twin's nursery! I wasn't quite finished everything when I delivered them, so it took me a little bit to get it all done. I finally finished the window valence this week, so I can post some pictures!
We haven't moved them out of our room yet..maybe soon. For right now, we just have one crib in the nursery. They will be in the same crib for another couple months, so we will buy one soon and put it up then. I have all the bedding and everything ready for the other crib. I'm excited to see them both up!
I chose a jungle theme for the Nursery. I'm so glad I did!I love how it turned out!
For the walls, I painted the bottom a tan/light brown color, and the top a little lighter blue then was there.
Then I made their names out of the light cardboardish letters. Painting them a tan color, then Modge podging scrapbook paper on them. I love these letters because they are so light. A very small nail in the sheetrock holds them up with some ribbon perfectly!
Here is a 360 degree tour of the nursery..
| View walking into the nursery..crib and the Boys names. |
I bought some sticker decals for the walls. I was nervous when I ordered them. I wasn't sure if the green was going to be the right color...it was perfect!!
I used the same green material I made the crib skirt out of to make the wind valence. All the greens matched perfectly. It was what I was most nervous about!
| This is a view of the window, closet door, with the changing table and shelf with storage bins. |
| One of my favorite parts of my nursery. Words to the song I am a child of God. |
| Door to the hallway |
So there is my nursery. The other crib will actually fit perfectly next to the one we have. Might be a little crammed..but not too bad.
Now for the bedding..
Devry's mom hand quilts a quilt for all of her grandkids. She does an amazing job! So I chose the jungle themed quilts I wanted, and minky fabric for the back, and she made them for me!
If you haven't noticed by now...we chose a color for each of the boys. Kayson's is blue and Cohen's is green. These quilts are identical, except Cohen's has green minky on the back, and Kayson's has blue.
| The Cute jungle themed quilt! Louse did a great job making them! |
I made the rest of the crib bedding for the two cribs, except for the crib sheets. The one that is set up has the green crib bedding (on the back of the bumper and the crib skirt)..the other one has blue.
| Crib bumper and pillow I made. Cute jungle theme sheets and an adorable giraffe my friend Hattie gave Cohen. |
| Cute elephant Hattie gave Kayson |
| The Crib bedding. I had fun making it! |
| Close up of the outside of the crib. |
| Cute animals on the wall - Elephant |
| Monkey |
| Giraffe |
| Lion |
Well that's my nursery! I will post a pic once the other crib is set up. I had a lot of fun deciding on a theme, colors, material etc. Maybe the boys will be moved into it soon.
4 comments:
Super Cute!! Great Job on the theme and colors, it all looks awesome!!
looks great!
Wow I am super impressed that you made that crib bedding. I love it! Everything looks so cute and fun. Great job!!
Chelsey thank you so much for coming to my farewell, it honestly surprised me SO much!! I can't wait to see these little guys when I get home. I love and miss you and Devery!
Post a Comment