Devry's first week gone was hard...as usual. The first 3 days he worked were 18, 20, and 19 hour days. He was so busy. We didn't talk much. He was stressed and a bit overwhelmed with how much he was expected to do. It was a hard week for all of us. I felt bad it was so rough for him.
Then on Friday night, the idea of going to visit him crossed my mind. I checked the weather, my schedule, and started planning. Devry insisted that I ok it with my Dr first. So Saturday morning I called my Dr. who gave me the Ok, but told me it would be my last trip out of town! I quickly packed, loaded up and got on the road. It was a long 6 hour drive. Pretty sure between the two of us having to stop for potty breaks, we now know every rest stop between here and Rock Springs. We arrived Saturday evening, and loved seeing Devry. I could tell right away that us being there cheered him up.
We stayed until wednesday. I was supposed to work tuesday, but an AWESOME co-worker traded me so I didn't have to be back till Wednesday night.
It was so fun to go see Devry. It was long days while he was gone, but still worth it to see him for a few hours at night. We also took him lunch every day. Monday night we went out to dinner at an Italian restaurant. We figured tuesday would be way busy, and since we had to take Payton I'd rather a less busy night. It was so yummy, and fun.
Tuesday, Payton and I took Devry his lunch with some V-Day treats and gifts. It was so fun to get to see him on Valentines Day. That night we just enjoyed relaxing and spending time together. Devry spoiled me with a foot and back massage. He also got me breaking Dawn for a gift. Such a sweet heart!
We had to leave Wednesday, and as always it is so hard to say Good bye. Luckily this time it was only for 4 days! The drive back was long, and then I had to work some very busy shifts the next 2 nights. I am anxious for Sunday night when he will get home.
I just can't begin to explain how incredibly amazing Devry is. I feel so lucky to have such a wonderful husband. Not many people could do what he is doing, especially with the positive attitude, and amazing outlook that he has. I couldn't. He wakes up at 2 am to go to work. Gets home anywhere between 7-10pm. Sleeps for a few hours, and gets up and does it again. He worked 120 hours last week. While we were there, he was in the shop, so he only worked 13ish hours a day. Only...right like 7 back to back 13 hour days aren't hard or anything. After work, he would come home and immediately play with Payton and jump in to help with making dinner. He would fight going to sleep early because he felt bad about spending our time together sleeping after I made the trip there. He Put Payton to bed every night, took him potty everytime he needed it. Gave him a bath, fed him dinner. Everything (although, when Devry is around Payton will not let ANYONE else help him with anything...so part of it was that Payton demanded it...but Devry did it all without complaining). He continues to insist I have a list of things for him to do when he comes home. He keeps saying that he wants to help me as much as he can, and make my life easier however he possibly can. He isn't concerned with relaxing, or recovering from 2 long weeks of hard work. He is concerned about me and Payton. It is so hard having him gone. It is the hardest thing I have ever done. It is so hard for him too. He is alone there, working his butt off and eating microwave dinners. Being there this week made me realize even more that I'd rather be there with him, even if I only got to see him for a few minutes a day. Payton is different when Devry is gone. He is crankier, whinier, more defiant, throws more tantrums. He is completely potty trained, yet when Devry leaves, he without fail will have 2 days of a few accidents. He asks for Devry constantly. Today when I was putting him down for a nap he says "I want my daddy. I miss my daddy." I know we can't pick up and move there right now. I need to have the babies here. I need to have the help from family and friends for at least a few months. But I really am leaning towards moving to Rock springs in the fall. I don't want Devry to go weeks between seeing these babies. Time goes by way to quickly with babies for him to miss that much. I loved seeing him every day and sleeping next to him at night. We will see what happens...but I think I'd much rather that then being apart.
I am incredibly lucky to have these two wonderful guys in in my life :
4 comments:
Yay!!! I am so glad that you got to go and see Devry on Valentine's Day. I cannot believe how much he is working...that is insane. He is definitely a hard worker! I hope that you are able to move out there when the time comes. That would be awesome.
Good luck Chelsey! You can make it, only a few more months. I hope that you are feeling great with your babies and working like crazy.
You can do it!!! Only a little bit longer and I agree as much as it would stink to pick up and move from your home, even just seeing your husband an hour or two at night (if that) is so much better than not seeing him for days/weeks. I hope you guys can work something out! Were here in Rexburg if Payton ever needs a play date!
That sounds really hard! Is this a temporary job or is this what Devry will continue to do?!
Post a Comment