I Can't believe how fast Payton is growing, and how independent he has become! He is now 2 1/2. WOW! Where has the last 2 1/2 years gone!? He is such a smart, funny goofball. He does so many things that Devry says "you need to blog about that!" So I am going to try to remember some of the funny things he has done recently.
He is very into calling us by our first names lately, especially Devry. He'll say "Thats my Devry" or "I need Chelsey." It cracks us up. He mostly uses Devry's name. I think it is because with Carissa living here, I don't refer to Devry as "daddy" like usual. When I say something about him to her, obviously I use his name. So I think payton has picked up on it alot more. Then when he started using Devry instead of Daddy, Devry started teaching him to use Chelsey too.
He has had a bit of a demanding attitude lately. He will say "mommy, come here. NOW!" He gets the funniest "dirty" look on his face. Then as soon as I say "Payton you need to talk nice." He says, ever so sweetly, "Mommy please come here." Then changes to his dirty look and sternly says "NOW!" It's funny to watch his little facial expressions and attitude.
He loves to dance along with movies and music. He has loved the movie Rio lately. In it, a bull dog is quite the dancer, and shakes his bum. Well Payton has started shaking his bum when he dances. He loves to show of his moves too. He says "I dance and shake my bum at you!"
Potty training has gone great. He now is completely potty trained (during the daytime anyways). When Devry leaves though, he usually has a couple accidents over the next few days. I try hard not to get to discouraged or upset with him, because I know it is just an emotional response to seeing his dad leave. He is perfect again after a couple days, until its time to say goodbye to Devry again. Hopefully it will improve. Anyways, it is so funny how proud he is when he goes potty. And how much he wants to talk about it! He wants his toys to come watch him go Potty. He wants to show grandma and grandpa how he goes, or aunts, uncles, cousins, friends. He is not shy about it at all! If he sees anyone (including complete strangers) come out of the bathroom he asks them if they went pee in the potty.
He is a very helpful backseat driver. From his carseat he tells us to "go!" "Stop" "race that car!" "slow down" "go faster" etc. I was driving on a road with lots of potholes the other day. I was trying to avoid the bigger potholes, so I was going all over the road. All of a sudden payton yells "WOW Mommy is a CRAZY driver!" Devry really got a kick out of that one.
He is becoming more and more interested in his baby brothers. He kisses and hugs my tummy, gives them high fives and knuckles. He talks about his baby brothers alot. We will see how he does when they arrive!
Anyways, this little guy is such a cutie! We adore him. He keeps us smiling and laughing. He is at a challenging age, where he wants to do EVERYTHING by himself, but still can't. We are working hard on being obedient, not hitting, sharing, and using words instead of screaming. Typical things two year olds need to work on. There are times when I feel like my patience has about had it, that he runs up to me, gives me a HUGE hug and kiss and says "I love you mommy." It makes all the tantrums worth it :) He is so loving and sweet.
Here are a few pictures that I took off my phone. I am really bad a taking the camera places, and remembering to use it. Its a good thing I have my phone. I catch a lot of fun pictures on it.
We were both sick for about a week, and he piled up all his bed stuff on the family room floor and we watched TV.
This is him at my Dr's appointment. Gloves on each hand, holding the big popsicle sticks. He thought he was pretty cool!
We haven't had a lot of snow this year (which has been WONDERFUL!). We have gone out a few times to play when we have had a bit. He LOVES it, and would never come in if I didn't make him.
Here is a funny picture I took for Devry. Payton found one of Devry's michigan hats, and wore it ALL day. Devry was one proud Daddy!
He LOVES to wear my shoes. Devry doesn't like that too much. It is funny to see him walking around the house with heels on.


This made me laugh. He was coloring and I look over and he has a crayon behind his ear. Devry does that all the time with pens, so he is just trying to be like his daddy.
Then this picture is one of the funniest stories! Payton asked to go play outside. I told him "no bud, its way to cold and windy." He says, so disappointed, "too cold??" I said "yup, too cold, sorry! Maybe another day." Then he walks off, not too upset. I was kind of surprised. I was expecting a little tantrum about not being able to go. Then he disappears for a minute and comes back with 2 hats (camping hats), mittens and socks. No pants or coat though. He says "OK, ready to go outside!" I love how his little mind works sometimes. I mean, really who needs pants?


3 comments:
Sooo sooo cute! I seriously loves posts like these because kids are so funny. I love how their minds work and the way they justify things. It is adorable. Why do they have to grow up?!
Such a cutie! I love this age!
I love it, what a cutie! FYI the guy who is renting our house for us is Barry Woodhouse, he is in Rigby. So nice to have some one else worrying about the little details and he had some one moving into it the same week we moved out.
Post a Comment