Family pic 2013

Family pic 2013

Friday, July 17, 2009

Puppies!!

I Was at work Wednesday night and got a text from Devry telling me Daisy was acting funny. I asked him how, and when he told me she wouldn't chase her tennis ball, it was obvious something was up. She LIVES for playing fetch with a tennis ball, and I have never seen her not interested in doing it. She started finding toys and things and taking them into the shed, then began whining. Then around 9:30 I got another text to tell me she had the first puppy, a girl! Work was slow and so I volunteered to be sent home. I got home around 10:30, and she had just had the second one...another girl! Over the next 4 hours she had 5 more.... 4 boys in a row and a girl. Grand total: 7 puppies, 3 girls and 4 boys. She was such a trooper! She took such good care of all the puppies, and just wanted us to sit and pet her.
Here they are today (30ish hours old). Daisy is an amazing mom! We were a little worried that we would be overwhelmed taking care of puppies and close to having a new baby...but we havn't had to do a thing! We have to MAKE her get up to go potty, and she rushes right back the second one of them peeps. I tried to get a picture of just the puppies, but as soon as someone walks in the room with them she rushes over to them.



They are so cute!! (or at least they will be....right now they kinda look like little white rats.)


She's such a great dog!




This one is the runnaway. He always finds his way away from the rest, and then starts crying. See..he's trying to escape again.


And the proud dad! Dash has been really good too. He wasn't quite sure what was going on, but has been so good with Daisy and the puppies. He pretty much stays out of the way. Daisy is really good with him being around too.
Last night a bunch of family came over to see the puppies, including 5 kids. I was at work, but Devry took them all in to see the puppies. We were a little worried Daisy would be overprotective, but she was great! She let everyone pet them, and even pick them up. I can't wait till they open their eyes and start being able to walk so we can take them outside to run and play with our nieces and nephews!


I have to say that it really is not fair that daisy is pregnant for 2 months and has 7 puppies...in only 5-6 hours of labor.....and Im going on month #9 for 1 baby, and who knows how long I will have to labor!

2 comments:

Jeannette & Brandt said...

Haha, you are right, that is SO not fair! But the puppies are SO cute!!! We want to come see them! I wish that we lived in an apartment where we could have a dog because we would totally want one! :( Only 15 more days left!!! YAY!

Melody said...

Cute, cute, cute! I didn't know you had puppies coming too- you are going to have quite a full house!