So I went to my appointment today. It was supposed to be a simple blood pressure check, but turned into much more. My blood pressure was up...and this time it didn't come down very much after resting for several minutes. The Doctor came in and wanted to do labs and tests again. So I had labs drawn, a nonstress test and biophysical profile (ultrasound) on Payton. Everything still looked ok...but the Dr. was worried it could go bad quickly. He told me that he wanted to induce me sooner rather then later. He really wanted to get me in this weekend, but I told him I would prefer to wait until monday so I can have one of the Doctors I have been seeing. (Two offices rotate call on weekends, and a doctor from the other office is on this weekend). He agreed to let me wait till monday if I stay on very strict bedrest all weekend. He checked me, and I am dilated to 2cm, and 50% effaced. He says there is a HUGE change since he checked me on monday, so my body is definately getting ready for Payton to come!
So Monday morning at 7:30 am I will be induced. I am so excited but nervous. I feel lucky that I work there and know exactly what to expect. I don't know what people do who don't know what to expect. My mom is coming on Sunday night now, and I can't wait!
I am so excited....in 3 days or so I will be holding my sweet little Payton!
2 comments:
CHELSEY!!!
OH WOW THAT IS SO EXCITING!! I am so so so happy to hear that littl Payton is finally going to be here! I hope that we can come up for the blessing, because I know he's going to be so cute with parents like you two.
Keep us updated! You're going to be an awesome mom, Chels.
Yay for Payton!
I'm assuming your labs were all right if they let you wait. So...I guess try not to go into spontaneous labor before 7:00am on Monday! :)
Post a Comment