Family pic 2013

Family pic 2013

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Trip to Nova Scotia and Christmas 2012

As always, we had a wonderful trip to Nova Scotia!
We all flew up, Devry spent a week with us there, then he flew back to Wyoming, worked 2 weeks and came back to get us for the last week. It was great to be there so long and get to spend so much time with my family and friends! It was hard being away from Devry for Christmas and his birthday, but great to see my family. We spent the first two weeks with my dad, then the next two with my mom. Here is a recap of our trip with pictures!

Devry passed out on the Plane with Kayson...poor kids head was hanging out in the aisle. 
Payton was thrilled to visit the pilot!
He was mad we wouldn't let him get it!


We visited Santa at Mic Mac Mall

We made a gingerbread house and train with Karly and Cora

our masterpieces!



Karly, Cora and me! I miss those girls!

Payton loved eating the candy!
The babies became mobile.


Very Mobile.
And started pulling themselves up!

Payton Decorated the tree at Grampie's

Can't you tell?

Grampie helped even out the decorations.

Payton made cookies with Nan
And painted some ornaments with Nan

All the boys loved the tree....and we were very glad Nan made sure it was 100% unbreakable!



We celebrated Christmas on the 22nd with my dad's family. The boys dressed up for Christmas Dinner #1


Visiting with Family!

Cohen and Uncle Justin
Cohen and Deidre

Payton got spoiled rotten with presents! 



All the boys did!

We visited Aunt Kayleigh!

Christmas Eve Jammies!

Christmas Eve at Nanny and Grandpa Trent's

We opened presents with Daddy via FaceTime. We were SO spoiled by my parents!

Christmas morning by the tree!

Kayson With Grandpa Trent

Kayson With Nanny

Opening presents

My three Cuties Christmas morning

Cute Christmas outfits

Nanny read the boys lots of books.

Grandpa Trent and Payton shoveled the deck.

Nanny and the twins. 

The Boys and Aunt Jassy

Nanny built a snowman with Payton
And made cookies.

We celebrated Daddy's Birthday when we returned.
 As you can tell from the pictures, we have a busy and FUN trip!
I have more pictures to post, but they aren't on my computer yet. 

Christmas was very bitter sweet this year. My Grampie (my mom's dad) passed away on the 22nd. He was very ill, but it is always hard. I was glad I was able to attend the funeral. I will miss my grampie so very much. He was one of my favorite people in the world. He made me laugh. I felt so special to him. He was a wonderful, kind, loving man and I am so grateful I have so many wonderful memories of him. 

We enjoyed our trip, but we are happy to be home, and getting back into our routine. Traveling is great, but hard for kiddos! I don't think we will be going anywhere anytime real soon! I'm ready for a couple months of being home!

2 comments:

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

Traveling with kids is SO hard!! I've done dozens of times by myself without Nate and each time I tell myself, "I'm not doing that again" and each time I end up taking the boys to NJ by myself yet again. While I agree with a lot of people that it's easier to stay home, especially for the Holidays, I'd rather spend the extra work it takes to travel and be with extended family, then to stay home. It certainly makes the Holidays that much more special to be surrounded by family.

The Johansen's said...

Thanks Chelsey and Devry for traveling so far to make our Christmas so memorable. It was the best gift ever!