Family pic 2013

Family pic 2013

Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas

After having a hard couple of days, I woke up today with the determination to have a better one. I was looking up a recipe online and came across this video on one of my favorite recipe blogs. I am so grateful I watched it.

Reflections of Christ Slideshow from Reflections of Christ on Vimeo.



Christmas easily turns into such a commercial holiday. I am guilty of wanting to make sure I have the best gifts, baking, decorating, and cooking possible. Nothing is wrong with all of those things, except when they replace the reason we celebrate Christmas. As I watched this video, tears began to flow as I reflected on the Birth and life of our Savior, Jesus Christ. As I remembered the tremendous sacrifice his life was, I felt humbled and motivated to change my focus around Christmas. As a Christian family, we feel so blessed to have a knowledge of the Savior as an everyday part of our life. This season truly is about his birth, life and sacrifice. I want my kids to learn and focus on that when Christmas time comes around, so I need to! I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas, enjoying time with your family, creating wonderful memories, and most importantly, remembering the wonderful man who came to this earth and sacrificed His life to be our Lord and Savior. May you all truly remember what this Holiday is all about. Merry Christmas!

No comments: