We had a wonderful Christmas this year!
We were really excited that Devry was able to come home for the day.
He arrived home around 6pm on Christmas Eve. We knew he would be coming home that night, but weren't sure how late it would end up being, so we were THRILLED to see him at 6. We enjoyed yummy Chinese food at Devry's Parents house. All but one of his brothers were out of town for Christmas, so we just enjoyed a small get together with his parents and Tim and Danizza.
We came home Christmas Eve and opened our traditional Christmas eve presents...pj's.
Payton was so cute opening his presents. He was SO excited, and loved his new pj's.
We were really excited that Devry was able to come home for the day.
He arrived home around 6pm on Christmas Eve. We knew he would be coming home that night, but weren't sure how late it would end up being, so we were THRILLED to see him at 6. We enjoyed yummy Chinese food at Devry's Parents house. All but one of his brothers were out of town for Christmas, so we just enjoyed a small get together with his parents and Tim and Danizza.
We came home Christmas Eve and opened our traditional Christmas eve presents...pj's.
Payton was so cute opening his presents. He was SO excited, and loved his new pj's.
After Payton was in bed, Devry and I stayed up late setting up gifts. We had Payton's big gift to assemble and it took a while. We finally got to bed around 1. We didn't wake up until Payton did at 8. I was shocked. My entire life, I have LOVED waking up for Christmas morning. I was always up first, and wouldn't let anyone else sleep. I never sleep good the night before, and usually am out of bed by 6. Not this year, I slept like a rock, and didn't hear a thing till Payton was awake. Crazy for me! My mom was SHOCKED when I told her :)
We came out and opened stockings in our family room. Santa spoiled us tons this year!
Payton LOVED opening presents. He was so fun to watch. Every present he would open, he would get SO excited, and say "OH NO!!".....although he seemed to mean "OH WOW!" I LOVED seeing his face light up everytime...even if it was a toothbrush, or socks.
These two cuties had a ton of fun opening their presents together! Love them!
This next picture is so cute! I walked in the room and noticed them both sitting on the couch, completely involved in opening the present they were on. And both of them are sitting with their ankles crossed. It makes me laugh because it is something Devry always does...when he's sitting, sleeping, anything. And now Payton does. Anyways, I loved spending Christmas morning with these guys!
Here is our Christmas Tree.
Once Again, we had a blast watching Payton open his presents. He was definitely spoiled rotten by us and our families! He sure did love every gift though!
Devry and I were also so spoiled! We received such wonderful gifts, and felt so loved! Devry gave me some wonderful gifts, but best of all was his surprise that he was staying home with us until the 26th! I thought he had to go back to Rock Springs Christmas afternoon/evening, so I was thrilled to find he got permission to go into work late so he could spend the entire day and night with us.
We saved Payton's big gift till the end. It was all set up and covered with a blanket. When we pulled it off, the look on his face was priceless. He has been obsessed with trains since he was really little, so we knew he would love it. Our goal was to find a gift that he would love for a long time, and would keep him occupied for long periods of time....especially for after I have 2 newborns to care for. I think we found the perfect gift!!
His Train Table...
He spent every second we let him playing with it for the rest of the day. He had so much fun figuring it all out, looking at all the different trains, making the sounds and lights go, and adding his own toys to the set. I have never seen him so excited about a toy! It was great to see how much he loved it. So worth it! He has spent hours and hours playing with it since Christmas. I know it will continue to be a favorite activity for him....and for his little brothers when they get old enough. I'm excited to have it!

After we finished with presents, we ate breakfast, and enjoyed playing for a bit. Then we got ready and went to church. Payton looked adorable in his little red shirt and tie. He loved getting to take some new toys and books to church with him.
Here are some pictures of us dressed up and ready to go. I actually made it in some of these ones! I am behind the camera most of the time, and haven't made it in many lately (this may or may not be purposely :) )
After we finished with presents, we ate breakfast, and enjoyed playing for a bit. Then we got ready and went to church. Payton looked adorable in his little red shirt and tie. He loved getting to take some new toys and books to church with him.
Here are some pictures of us dressed up and ready to go. I actually made it in some of these ones! I am behind the camera most of the time, and haven't made it in many lately (this may or may not be purposely :) )
We enjoyed Church, then came home and had Devry's Parents, Tim and Danizza over for Turkey Dinner. We all contributed parts of the dinner so it wasn't an overload on one person. It was delicious, and we had so much fun spending some time with family .
The rest of the day we spent, playing with toys, relaxing and enjoying time together celebrating. It was nice to have Christmas morning with our own little family, and to enjoy some time with Devry's family too. We got to Skype with my parents, and as always love talking to them.
We had such a wonderful day, and loved seeing Payton's excitement!
Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas too!
The rest of the day we spent, playing with toys, relaxing and enjoying time together celebrating. It was nice to have Christmas morning with our own little family, and to enjoy some time with Devry's family too. We got to Skype with my parents, and as always love talking to them.
We had such a wonderful day, and loved seeing Payton's excitement!
Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas too!
2 comments:
It looks like you had a great Christmas! Payton is so cute! I am sure he will love his train table, we got the boys one last year and it is still played with (they did start taking the tracks apart and as you know it is pretty complicated to put together...past what most 2 years olds can do and I didn't really love putting it back together all the time so J glued the tracks all down to the table with a strong wood glue. When they are able to put that whole set together themselves, they are past the stage of playing with trains anyway (lego time!) It has been more fun now since tracks aren't all over the house:) just a tip in case your 2 year old discovers the thrills of track hurling.
Looks like a great christmas! I want to know why you were up 8 ours ago?!? :)
Post a Comment