Family pic 2013

Family pic 2013

Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Yesterday was Thanksgiving here in the US. My dad called me and left me a message to wish me a "Happy Fake Thanksgiving." That made me laugh. I do love getting to eat yummy turkey dinner two times a year, and celebrate with family. It is also really great to be able to have two times to reflect on the things I am thankful for. I am trying to be as Thankful, and positive as I can today as well, because it has been a hard one with Devry leaving to go back to WY.

  • I am thankful for my sweet, adorable little boy.
  • I am thankful for my wonderful husband, who works so hard and spends so much time traveling to provide for us.
  • I am thankful for family, and the wonderful support and love they show us.
  • I am thankful for my pregnancy, and the chance to have 2 more sweet boys!
  • I am thankful for my job, which allows me not only to have a paycheck, but to have such a wider knowledge of pregnancy, delivery and caring for a newborn. Without it I would be much more unprepared for Twins!
  • I am thankful for my house. Spending time in an apartment when we visit Devry makes me realize how much easier it is to raise kids in your own house, where you don't have to worry about them disturbing neighbors, crying to loud, jumping around too much, etc.
  • I am thankful for my car! I have been driving our beat up '94 corolla until recently, since Devry had to take my Highlander to WY. He recently bought a car for him to drive so I could have mine back, and he could get better gas mileage. I am SO grateful to have my spacious, reliable, wonderful highlander back
  • I am thankful for my faith, and the knowledge I have that God has a plan for us. I would be lost without it.

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

No comments: