The past two weeks have been a bit more difficult with running.
Week 2 wasnt the greatest. I ran 2 miles monday, then I was supposed to run 3 on tuesday. Well It was pouring, and freezing cold. So I did 1.5 miles, wussed out and came home. Then I worked tuesday, wednesday and thursday. 3 in a row= no running. I went for a quick run on friday, about a mile. Then I planned on doing my long run on Saturday. And I didn't. A few reasons. I wasn't feeling very good, and My mom came to visit, so wanted to spend as much time as I could with her. I felt like a slacker at the end of the week. But. I ran 3 times, so its better then none.
Week 3 was much better. We were in Boise Monday and Tuesday visiting, so I didn't run those days. Then I ran 2 miles Wednesday, 2.5 intervals thursday, and my "long run" of 4.7 miles Friday. I am working Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights so I am done for this week. My 4.7 mile run went well. I didn't get very tired, and felt like I really am making progress.
This week I am planning on 3 miles monday, 2 mile intervals tuesday, 2 mile run thursday, and a 5 mile run Saturday.
I'm excited I am seeing progress. Running is easier, and actually enjoyable sometimes. I look forward to it, and feel good after. A half marathon still seems like alot, but I think I can make it there over the next 2 months.
4 comments:
You can do it and it will get much easier over time! I say you just run the half with me on saturday!! Im no where near ready but were just going to have fun with it. Nate says he'll stay with me but he prob wont. Just do it!!! :)
you can do it! what's your time goal? like ave. min/mile? that's a great goal to set because then even though you will probably walk some of it, you can still make your goal. my goal is to average a 12 minute mile. i think that's reasonable...i think. i don't know. good luck to you!
You are amazing!
Wow, way to go! I always had a personal rule never to run more than 4 miles on a day when I had to work that night, because it was a dead guarantee that I'd fall asleep while staring at the FHM at the desk. :) Keep up the awesome work!
Post a Comment