Family pic 2013

Family pic 2013

Thursday, June 2, 2011

If and when?

This is how I feel my whole life is right now.
If and when Devry finds a job
If and when I don't have to work full time
If and when we sell our house
If and when we move
If and when I do more school
If and when we will get pregnant
If and when we don't have to struggle so much financially

Can I just say it is exhausting!
I hate not having a plan. Not being able to know where we will be or what we will be doing in a year, in 6 months, even in 1 month.
Devry has applied for probably 50-60 jobs.
Tons around Rexburg and Idaho Falls.
Tons in Michigan.
He has heard about a couple...that he didn't get them.
He heard about one that they are interested. That was 2 weeks ago. Nothing since
I applied to a perfect job in the same town as the one that was interested in him.
It seemed perfect. Full time nights L&D.
I got an email today saying it had already been filled.

I'm so sick of being full time.
But there is no alternative right now. My income necessary. And my benefits.
Until Devry finds a better job, it just the way it has to be.

Our next option.
Devry is going for an open interview next week.
For a job in the Oil fields as a Diesel mechanic.
In North Dakota.
He would work 2 weeks there, then come home for 6 days.
They would fly him back and forth.
It is really good money. I could cut back at work.
But we would only see him 1/3 weeks.maybe
And like every other job he has applied for...
they will probably fill it with someone who has "experience."

I am having a hard time staying positive.
I just wish we knew something.
I am discouraged.

I am finally feeling a little hopeful about getting pregnant.
I saw a Dr. in Idaho falls about it. And he immediately started treatment.
Maybe it will work.
But then it stresses me out.
If I do get pregnant, and Devry doesn't find another job...money will be even tighter.
And if he does find a job, will we have to move in the middle of a pregnancy?Or will he be in North Dakota? Will I have to switch Dr's (something that STRESSES me out...I know the Dr's I work with very well). Will we have insurance soon enough? Will I have a lapse in coverage and risk some things not being covered. Will I have to deliver at a hospital I don't know? With a staff I don't know? What a headache.
I guess I am really over thinking everything.
Because It is giving me a lot of stress and anxiety.
But how do I not over think everything.
And hope it just works out?





2 comments:

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

Story of my life Chels! Thanks for the comment, I'd say the same things to you that you said to me... it will happen when the times right! I am totally going to write a blog tonight about positive because I need some advice as well! I'll pray for you guys and just know that "If the lord brings you to it, then the Lord will bring you through it!" :)

Melody said...

Oh, Chelsey. I can relate in so many ways! You know what to do, though. You endure, you stay strong and you look for the little positive things about each day that make the big, looming things seem less prominent. It's harder at some times than others that we don't get to see the big picture of our trials and their purposes. I look back now on the hundreds (literally) of prayers offered that Daddy would find a good job- and eventually the right job came along. I confess I didn't see that coming, but can plainly see now that it's where we need to be. And the months of waiting turned out to be months of preparation that we needed. Hang in there! You'll find the path for your family, and if/when things pan out it will be all the sweeter! *big hug*