Family pic 2013

Family pic 2013

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Laughs

Payton makes us laugh. A lot. Today, when I was struggling with the remnants of a cold and migraine, and lack of sleep from working the last 2 nights, I was being zombie mom on the couch while Payton ran around playing (aka destroying). Luckily, we have discovered a lifesaving character.
This is Thomas the tank engine, and he is Payton's new OBSESSION. He has a toy Thomas (that I bought to put on his birthday cake when he turned one). That little train is by far his favorite thing. He carries it everywhere with him and imitates the "choo choo" noise that it makes. He is talking tons and repeats just about everything we say, except train. We have never called a train a "choo choo," but he does, and he will not call it anything else, silly guy. So after we realized how much he liked the little train, we started looking for more Thomas stuff. It is expensive, so we really haven't bought much, but we did find a pair of PJ's and a T shirt at Ross for cheap. He wants to wear the shirt EVERY DAY, and the PJ's EVERY NIGHT (the problem is that they are already too small). If he isn't wearing them, he is carrying them around with him asking to wear them. Next we found a DVD that was cheap. And from the minute he wakes up in the morning he asks to watch "choo choo." We got so sick of that DVD, but he wouldn't watch anything else. Luckily we decided to get Netflix and now have dozens of shows to choose from. We are on the hunt for another Thomas shirt that fits him (hopefully cheap from Ross again).
Thomas saves me after I work. I can be a zombie on the couch for an hour here and there with him entertained by Thomas (and only occasionally throwing Thomas at my head to make sure I am paying attention). I know, I am a horrible mom. Don't judge, trust me, I do it by necessity not choice.
The other day I had dozed off while he was playing on the floor next to me. I woke up when two cans of tuna hit my head. Apparently the pantry wasn't closed tightly.
Today I was worn out. And by worn out I mean physically, emotionally, mentally DRAINED. I was laying on the couch and my sweet boy, who had just gotten my attention by wacking me in the head says "hi mom, hat hat hat!" and he grabs a baseball hat and excitedly puts it on his head backwards. And he wore it the rest of the day, reminding me that it was a "hat" every 5 minutes.
Here he is eating lunch with his hat.

Like I said he is doing so many funny things lately. I just want to keep all the little things recorded.
He has learned tons of animal noises. Here is a typical conversation
me: "payton, what does a cow say?
Payton" "moooooooooooooooooooooooo"
"What does a sheep say?"
"baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"
"what does a chicken say?"
"cluck cluck"
"What does a frog say?"
"ibbit ibbit"
"What does a duck say?"
"quack quack"
"what does a horse say?"
"Horse."
(He does know nayyyyy....but seems to like saying the word horse more)

He is also learning his letters.. He has some wonderful foam blocks that have letters on them. I hold them up and he says (or guesses) which letter it is. Then I tell him the correct answer and he repeats it. He recognizes some letters great, like O, A, L, M, D, P, B, C, R and S. And EVERY other letter that he doesn't know is automatically "S." As soon as I show him the S, no other letter exists.

And then there is "daddy time." I go to work at 5:30 ish, and from then until 7:30 (bedtime) is playtime with Daddy. While I was at work 2 nights ago, Devry decided to let Payton run around in his diaper. Well, next thing he knew, the diaper was on the floor and Payton was streaking down the hall way, SO proud of himself. By the time Devry caught him, he was in his bedroom, peeing in the corner. Luckily he still can't get pants off yet...but I am sure that will come soon.

This little guy is a hoot. We are constantly laughing at him. There are tons more stories I could share, but it is my bedtime.

3 comments:

Jeannette & Brandt said...

He is so dang cute and busy. I just love how smart they are and how much they pick up...it really is amazing to me. I am glad that you are having so much fun with him!

Rachelle said...

That's funny! I love peeing stories! Hope you are feeling better from the cold and migranes!

lisa h. said...

whatever, don't feel like a bad mom....I don't work and I will put on a movie and take a nap for 2 hrs if I can!! it's exhausting! sorry he hits you w/ the train and tuna cans though...ouch!