Family pic 2013

Family pic 2013

Friday, January 14, 2011

My punishment for sleeping.

Sleep has become more of a luxury to me lately then a necessity. I function VERY well on little or no sleep. Well this week I was scheduled to work tuesday, wednesday and thursday nights. Between a horrible migraine, and strep throat, my week was quite exhausting. Luckily I was on call wednesday night and recovered a bit, and I had tons of help from Devry, his parents and a friend of mine so I could sleep.
Then I worked last night, which was ok. Still had a sore throat, but the migraine, fever and body aches were all gone. I got home today, and dozed on the couch while Payton played. I was woken many times with the usual shoe, toy, cup, box,etc being thrown at my head, or the occasional hair pulling or jumping. Then I actually fell asleep. When I woke up, my first thoughts? Why is it so quiet, where is Payton? How long have I been out?
And I walk into the living room....
and the family room.....
There are crackers, an entire box of rice crispies, toys, cups, diapers, clothes, books and who knows what else, EVERYWHERE. Thank you for letting mommy sleep Payton, and being so good at entertaining yourself.

Next time though....Why don't you try making a mess in this room. It is called your toy room. It is the confined space that we put your toys so you can make all the mess you want. I checked in this room next and notice that it was perfectly clean, and untouched.

4 comments:

Laura Dunford said...

Haha I love the way you wrote this. Maybe when he's older, if he has a clean room you should go mess it up to get revenge and put this blog post on his bed :)

Jeannette & Brandt said...

Hahaha that is too cute. Him and Peyton would definitely be best friends!

Melody said...

That's really funny. I had the same experience today (well, any time I try to sleep after work), and it's always a little bit daunting to get up and explore the aftermath of their adventures. Although I have learned to sensitize myself a little bit- when my subconscious detects an unusual smell, it's time to get up quickly...because a poopy diaper is the least problematic of what it could be!

lisa h. said...

haha! totally how that goes. but you got to sleep!