Family pic 2013

Family pic 2013

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Happy Birthday Devry!

December 28th was Devry's 26th Birthday! Having a birthday so close to Christmas is always a challenge. I really try to make sure the day is special, and avoid combining any part of it with Christmas. We had some of his family over for cake and ice cream on the evening of the 27th. It was a lot of fun, and the kids really enjoyed Payton's new ball pit.

This year I made Devry a basketball cake. It was really fun and easy to make!





The kids helped Devry blow out his candles.

It was a really fun evening. The next day, Devry and I dropped Payton off to a babysitters and went and ate lunch in Idaho Falls. We ate at Red Robin, Devry's favorite. Since it was his birthday, he got a coupon for a free meal, plus we had a $3 off coupon, so our entire meal was only $6! Such a good deal, and SOO yummy.

We ran a few errands in Idaho Falls then picked up Payton. We all enjoyed some more cake and homemade blizzards that evening. It was a fun day!

I was so happy that Devry didn't have to work that day. We got to spend the entire day together. Devry is the greatest husband ever! Here are 26 reasons!

26. He is thoughtful
25. He is the best dad
24. He makes me laugh, alot!
23. He is such a hard worker
22. He always helps with anything I ask
21. He does tons of things without me asking!
20. He goes out and starts my car before I leave for work when its cold
19. He always is appreciative of things I do.
18. He is working so hard to finish school
17. He is very attractive :)
16. He always knows when I need a hug
15. He puts up with my craziness
14. He fixes whatever needs fixed around the house
13. He plays with my hair because I love it
12. He is so self less
11. He is good at basketball
10. Payton and I are most important to him, and we know it!
9. He has the greatest smile
8. He is happy, and has such a great attitude
7. He changes his share of Payton's diapers, with only a bit of complaining :)
6. He works outside all day in the freezing cold, and it never seems to bother him.
5. He does most of the laundry.
4. He takes great care of Payton when I work
3. He gets up with Payton most mornings and lets me sleep in.
2. He loves me.
1. He is mine :)

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

The basketball cake turned out so cute! I didn't know Devry's favorite place was Red Robin! I think Dan will love it too, when we go.

Jeannette & Brandt said...

Coolest cake EVER! How did you do that? You're so creative and crafty! I miss you!!

lisa h. said...

how fun, wish we could've been there. I always remember his birthday cause it was the same day we blessed evan when he was a baby.