On Christmas eve Devry's family (except Joe and Lisa who are in Ohio) came to our house for Dinner. We had Chinese food, played games, and decorated cookies for Santa.
Here is Trey and Macy with their fun Christmas accessories.
After everyone went home, we opened our Christmas Eve presents. Our tradition is to receive new PJ's on Christmas eve. In years past the PJ's I bought Devry have shrunk and ended up to short so this year I made Devry and Payton matching John Deere PJ pants. They fit them both great, and were so easy! I may end up making them every year now. Maybe I'll make my own too from now on, since PJ pants being too short is a constant problem for me too. The ones Devry bought me we had to return.
Here is Devry and Payton in their matching homemade PJ's.
We slept great on Christmas Eve. I have always had a problem sleeping on Christmas Eve. I get so excited and can't sleep. This year I found a fix to the problem. I worked Thursday night and didn't sleep on Friday. So by the time I went to bed Christmas eve, I had been awake for almost 38 hours with only a 2 hour nap. I crashed and slept soundly all night. Devry even had to wake me up Christmas morning. This was shocking for my family to hear since I am ALWAYS the first one awake.
Payton woke up at 6:45 and we went to get him.
When he walked into the family room and saw the stockings, I don't think he knew what to think.
We helped Payton with opening some of his gifts. And he helped us open ours.
We had a great Christmas. We were very spoiled by family, and received wonderful gifts. We had so much fun Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with Devry's family. We skyped with my family, and let them see Payton open the presents they sent. I love Christmas, and more so now that Payton is starting to understand parts of it.
Here are a few pictures of us with Payton by the Christmas Tree.
2 comments:
That is the coolest toy ever!! Peyton is jealous! Isn't Christmas even more fun with kids?! I just love it. It brings all the magic back. I am glad that you guys had such a good Christmas!
Merry Christmas!! SO How do you guys know Amy Da Silva? I know her last name was Hymas before she got married. Anyway, she's Ethan's preschool teacher!!
Post a Comment