Halloween was a lot of fun this year. We dressed Payton up as a monkey. He was really cute in his costume. I dressed up as a lion to keep with the theme, and since Devry couldn't come up with any ideas he didn't really dress up. He did wear his bright yellow hoody, so I told him he could be a banana for Payton. Here are a few pictures of us in our costumes.
It seems like Fall was so short. We luckily had really nice weather for a long time, a few days of "fall" like temperatures, then snow. The first snow completely covered the ground, and I am starting to think it is here to stay. We continue to get a bit more almost every day. Payton thinks it is so fun to try to catch snow flakes. I havn't bought him snow pants or snow boots, so we haven't really gone out to play in the snow yet. I don't know if I ever mentioned we got a new car. It was back in August, and Devry said it was my graduation present. Well, all this snow is making me VERY grateful we have it! It is a Toyota Highlander, and drives so well in the snow.
A few days ago Devry and I were splitting/stacking wood. He was splitting it then tossing it in a pile for me to stack. Well, he tossed a log and it caught another log just right, and flipped up. I wasn't paying attention and it hit me right in the knee. It sure did hurt! I couldn't put any weight on it, and was worried since I had to work the next 2 nights. I ended up going to the Doctor just to make sure it wasn't broken. Luckily everything looked fine on XRAY's. I have the greatest Doctor ever, who gave me a shot of Nubain for pain (which made me so nauseous the rest of the day...I will never have it again, even though it helped with pain), and he also gave me a prescription for Lortab and Motrin 800mg. I got through my two shifts with pain meds, and a bit of limping, but it feels TONS better now.
I have been feeling much better lately, and not so negative. Having Devry home more really helps, and I have been trying to take some breaks just for "me" time. I also have realized how great some of the friends I have are. I knew they were before, but I think I took it for granted. After feeling so lonely, I decided to make more of an effort, and in a short time I have made many new friends, and strengthened other friendships. I realized that alot of it was that I was expecting alot from others, when I needed to make more of an effort. I realized that alot of other people really understood my feelings, and I received lots of wonderful advice, and encouragement. I still have difficult days, but everyone does, and I am trying to find ways to make it through and stay as positive as I can.
2 comments:
I am glad that you are starting to feel better! And I am so glad that I am not up there dealing with the snow right now!
I bet Payton is so fascinated by the snow fall. No matter how much I despise the snow, the kids think it is so magical! They have been putting much more perspective on it for me, and I just try to enjoy it from inside, watching the snow fall outside the window.:) It really is pretty when you don't go out in the cold, freezing weather!
Post a Comment