Family pic 2013

Family pic 2013

Friday, July 23, 2010

Graduation!

I have officially graduated with my BSN! I am so excited to be done with school for a while.
Graduation was really great! We had commencement in the Hart Auditorium, where Richard G. Hinckley spoke along with a few others. Then we split off into the different colleges for convocation, where we walked and received our diploma holders... Devry and his parents came to watch, which was really nice. We left Payton with a babysitter, since he is only entertained lately by running around, and talking very loudly which would have made it really hard for Devry.

Here are a few pictures from graduation.


Walking across the stage after receiving my diploma holder.
Me and my wonderful, supportive husband. Love you sweetie!!
Two other nursing students, and great friends, Janelle and Cynthia!! (The white cords are to signify nursing students, Janelle didn't have hers on here though)


Devry, Payton and me when we dropped Payton off at Leslie's (thanks for babysitting!!!)
After Convocation, outside the Taylor building.
Me and Payton after we got home, it was about 10pm, so Payton was quite tired, and we were happy that we got this much of a smile.
It was a great night, and I am so glad I worked to complete my Bachelors. I am excited to be done, and even more excited that I can be just a mom and a nurse and not a student.
I want to say thank you to all of the many wonderful people who have helped me in getting my education. Thanks Mom and Dad for always emphasizing how important school is, and for supporting me through it. Thanks to my wonderful in-laws who are a great support, and who babysat countless times when I needed to get an assignment, or test done. Thanks Devry for being my biggest supporter of all. For listening to me when I was frustrated about an assignment, a teacher, or something else. For encouraging me, and being my best friend. I could not have done it without you.
The past four years at BYU-Idaho have been memorable. I met my husband my first year, married him my second year, bought a house and had a baby my third year, and enjoyed my wonderful family my fourth year. The entire time, I gained a wonderful education in a field that I have such a love and passion for. I would not trade the last 4 years here for anything. I look forward to many wonderful things ahead, but will miss BYU-I.

4 comments:

Katy said...

YEAH, YEAH, YEAH! Congrats! I'm so glad you made it!!! :)

Aunt Kim said...

Dear Chelsey,
Congratulations on your graduation with your Nursing degree. I am so proud of you.
It is wonderful hearing you describe how much you love Nursing, Chelsey. I have always felt it to be such an honor...to be in the role of caring for others.
Little Payton has sure grown...He is absolutely gorgeous. You have been blessed with a wonderful life, Chelsey and we are so happy for you.
Love Aunt Kim and Uncle Brian
PS. We hope you'll come visit us when you come home to N.S. this summer

Rachelle said...

Wow! Congratulations, you have done so well! YOU are amazing to have done all those things in four years!

jjandb said...

WOW WOW WOW! You are AMAZING! You need to bottle some of that determination, drive and perserverence! Any one of those things on your achomplishment list is a majr undertaking...you did them ALL! At the same time!

I am happy to see your hard work has paid off...good for you! :)