Family pic 2013

Family pic 2013

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day

I had to work Saturday and Sunday night (therefore I slept most of the day on Sunday) and didn't get a chance to post on mothers day.


I am so lucky to have the mom that I do. She is such a caring and kind person, who has always been there for me. She has supported me in everything! I remember her coming to almost every swim meet, and basketball game to cheer me on! She is someone I can always turn to and rely on. I have never doubted how much she loves me, because she has always shown me, and told me. I am sad to not live close enough to see her on a regular basis. I can't wait for when she comes to help me with the baby, and then a few month's later when I can go home and visit for several weeks. She is such a great mom, and I am so blessed to have such a wonderful example. I only hope that I can use her example and be as good of a mom to my own kids.

As I get closer to actually becoming a mom myself, I can't help but think about what a great respinsibility it is. It is exciting and overwhelming all at the same time. I already feel like I know the little baby growing inside me, and cannot wait till he gets here. Devry spoiled me on mothers day, and said I deserve it since I am almost a mom. I came home from work to the smell of breakfast cooking (that means Devry got up around 6am on the only day he gets to sleep in, to make me eggs, bacon, pankcakes and hashbrowns!). He gave me the most thoughtful card, and some gifts that I have been asking for. I have such a thoughtful and wonderful husband! His mom did a wonderful job raising him, and is another great example to me of an amazing mom!

1 comment:

Jeannette & Brandt said...

You are definitely a mother! I don't care what anyone says!