We are well on our way to finishing our house renovations. Thanks to Devry's cousin Scott!! He sheetrocked, mudded, taped, sanded and textured everything!! Not to mention all the problem solving and improvising he had to do. He did an AMAZING job! His part of the work is just about done...and ours (and by ours, I mostly mean Devry's) is about to begin! We will start priming and painting everything next week, and then hopefully get the laminant floor layed. The new carpet will have to wait a bit until Devry's dad can come help us with it. I can't wait till its done! Here are some pictures before and after pictures of what has been done so far.
These are pictures of the nursery. Here is when we first started. The carpet was being pulled up and I realized I hadn't taken a before picture.
nursery After the carpet and trim has been removed.
The Nursery Now. All sheetrocked, and textured. It is going to look sooo good!!!
While Im on the topic of the nursery I thought I would post a picture of the crib bedding I got in the mail two days ago! We bought it on ebay for 1/4 of what it costs! It is so cute and will go with the room so well!.
I will be painting the top half of the nursery the medium color blue from the bedding, and then the bottom part with the darker blue color. I'll use brown as accent in the room. Im soo excited to see it finished!!Sheetrocked and textured. The windows are gone!
The archway from the other side. The family room now.
This is the front room before we started.
The same view of the front room now.
The front room looking the other way.
The same view now. It looks completely different!!
I can't wait to see everything painted and new floors. School is out for the semester and we are enjoying a small break! We are headed to utah this weekend to visit friends and family and shop for baby stuff. I can't beleive rexburg doesn't have a babies R US. Oh well it gives us an excuse to take a trip. I'll post pictures again when everything is done.
6 comments:
wow looks like you guys have been busy with the home renovations, it looks great so far... keep us posted with all the changes. I love your baby bedding, it's funny, another friend of mine just posted the same bedding as an option for her little girls room!! I love it!!! Have a happy Easter!
it is really weird seeing the house so different. i hope you get it all perfect before august!
i LOVE the crib bedding. i never did get to pick out my own...i've been giving away some of our baby stuff that is kinda getting old, so if we have a 4th baby i hope to get some new things! it will be a while before we think of another baby though!
Everything looks completely different! It really is going to look amazing once you guys are all finished...I cant wait to see the final result. And this is just my opinion which you can totally ignore if you want- BUT I was thinking with your nursery instead of painting everything blue maybe doing the top half a beige color so the room isn't so dark...just a suggestion!
loving the before and after pictures. I cant wait to see paint and carpets too! We will help anytime, just let us know.
You guys have been so busy! What fun! I'm a little sad to have moved into a brand new house because we won't get the fun and satisfaction of such projects...however, glad to not have to find the time to do them! I'm excited to see how the nursery will end up looking!
Wow it sure looks different with the before/after picts! That is so exciting!! But is it hard to live in? with all the construction?
Post a Comment