Family pic 2013

Family pic 2013

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy Birthday Devry!

A few days after Christmas was Devrys birthday. He turned 24 years old on the 28th. We had family over for cake and ice cream and present opening. Trey was very excited to help devry blow out his candles....and was a pro at present opening because of all his practice on Christmas, so he helped with that too. The best part was that Trey would open a present, and have no Idea what it was (like a car booster set) and still say "WOW!!!" like it was the best thing in the world.

I felt so bad because we had plans for his birthday in Nova Scotia...but with the change of plans, I didn't get to plan anything too big for his birthday. We spent time with his family though, so that was fun.

I want to take the opportunity to express my love and appreciation for Devry. He is the most wonderful and considerate husband. He cares so much about me and I am very lucky to have him. He does the sweetest and kindest things for me, and I often take him for granted. I have never once had to go out in the early morning to start my car and scrape it off. He is out doing that at 5am so my car is warm and ready to go by 5:20 when I leave for work. Not to mention getting up even earlier to start a fire so the house is warm when I get out of bed. He gets things done around our house whenever they need fixed. He is outside shoveling snow constantly, and always walks me out to the car if the ground is icy so I dont fall. He works hard at everything he does. I feel so blessed to be able to call him mine. I love you so much Devry. Happy birthday.

3 comments:

Jeannette & Brandt said...

Cake and ice cream sound SO good right now...yummy!! Sounds like a fun b-day to me. I am so glad that Devry treats you so well...husbands are the best!!

Rachelle said...

Cute pictures of Devry and Trey, I didn't even know you were taking them! Trey is so lucky to have such awesome uncles who are always willing to play and make him feel special! Thanks Devry.

Rachelle said...

I can't forget the awesome aunts my kids have too! You guys have been such a big help to me, thanks again.