Family pic 2013

Family pic 2013

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas 2008!

This Christmas was a lot of fun! Most of Devry's brothers were here to celebrate this year. Unfortunately Joe and Lisa weren't able to come, but the way the weather has been across the country, it was a relief to know they were safe at home and wouldn't be stuck in an airport somewhere.

Everyone got together on Christmas Eve at our house. I volunteered to make Christmas Eve dinner. I decided to make Chinese food, which is a bit of a tradition in my familiy. I completely forgot to take pictures of the meal, but it turned out pretty good! I made fried rice, battered sweet and sour chicken, boneless honey garlic spare ribs, stir fry, and egg rolls. Thanks Dad for the recipes!!

We decided for dessert we would decorate sugar cookies. After playing a few fun christmas games that Rachelle had put together (and Ted winning the prize Dan had picked out.....a whoopie cushion), we began to decorate cookies.

Shayla helping Kaden, and Devry supposed to be helping Trey ..instead he is blowing up the woopie cushion to try to suprise/scare Trey.....how mature my husband is!















Tim Decorating his cookies, and a few finished products....





and of course Carter..... who had no interest in decorating, and just wanted to eat the cookies! :)





After a fun night everyone went home to get ready for Christmas Day.


Devry and I opened one present on Christmas Eve, which is tradition for both of our families. The part of the tradition that we are making our own is that the Christmas Eve gift is always new PJ's. This way, when we have kids, they will look extra cute on Christmas morning when they wake up with their new PJ's on. So Devry and I bought each other new PJ's to open Christmas Eve.

We went to bed, and I expected a sleepless night. I am still like a little kid on Christmas. I can't sleep, and will be up ready to open presents at 4am. I was suprised that I was out, and didn't wake up once until 6am. We got up about 6:30 to open presents. Our stockings were first, and then our other presents.

I wrapped Devry's TV....mostly as a joke since it has been up for the last month. He was still very excited to open it.





Devry suprised me completely with his gift. I had told him the things I wanted, and really thought he had gotten those, but instead he bought me a camera. I hadn't said I wanted one for Christmas, but had talked about getting one for our anniversary or something. I was completely suprised when I opened the camera! It is a very very nice Nikon P80 cool pix. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband who enjoys suprising and spoiling me!



After opening our presents at home, we got ready and went to Devry's parents to spend the rest of the day with family.
Kaden helping Devry open more Christmas Presents.
Bubba doing his part too





Devry and Ted playing the minature pool set.

We had a wonderful day! Louise cooked a delicious Turkey dinner, and we all got to enjoy the day together. Unfortunately Devry and I weren't able to make it to Nova Scotia on the 26th, but we have enjoyed having a few days off to spend together at home. Family is such a blessing, and we are so lucky to have Devry's family so close.

1 comment:

lisa h. said...

looks like y'all had a fun time! it's so weird seeing pics of y'alls house but it's joe's parents house but not...yeah. anyway! yes, i'm glad we didn't get snowed in anywhere. tonight was kinda a bummer since joe has been on 24 hr shifts this week we couldn't do anything fun for new years eve cause he needs to get to bed. hope you have a good start to the new year!!