Family pic 2013

Family pic 2013

Friday, November 28, 2008

Turkey Time

Thanksgiving was alot of fun yesterday. It was the year Devry's brothers all went to their inlaws for thanksgiving, so it was just Devry's parents and us. We kept it pretty simple with turkey, gravy, rolls, potato stuffing and pie. Very yummy!! Then we spent the day watching football. It is suprising to me how much it has grown on me. I actually enjoy watching the games now. I have to ask about a million questions to understand what is going on, but I'm getting better.

I feel like Im getting some good experiences at work. Each time I work I feel more prepared to be off of orientation in January. I had one experience last week that I know I needed, but wish it didn't have to happen. A lady had lost her baby and she was far enough along that we had to induce labor so she could deliver the baby. It was really hard to watch this woman go through the pain and discomfort of labor, knowing that she wouldn't be able to take her baby home with her. Delivering the baby was hard, the other nurse and I just cried with the family. We were able to take the baby and get footprints and handprints. We put together a little memory box for the parents to take home, which they were so thankful for. This is definately the part of my job that is the hardest.

Daisy is not having puppies...at least not anymore. Devry came home one day and there was a 3rd dog in their pen.....yes it jumped the 5 foot fence..and was stuck in there. Knowing that Daisy was at her most fertile time, I called the vet to see what we could do. We decided to take his advise and take her in for a shot that would prevent her from getting pregnant. The downside to it was that if she was already pregnant with dash's puppies then she would lose them too.

3 comments:

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

So... is animal abortion okay?

Christa said...

I'm so sorry you had to go through that. That had to be hard.

Jeannette & Brandt said...

Aww Chels- that is the saddest story I have ever heard! I just wanted to cry reading it. I am sorry you had to go through that!