Family pic 2013

Family pic 2013

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Catching up......Easter 2013

Easter this year was pretty low key but lots of fun!
We went to the community Easter Egg hunt, which was great except there were so many kids it lasted a total of 1 minute. Payton got some good candy and even won us a gift card to a local restaurant! 

Payton at the community Easter Egg hunt


Then some of my friends and I planned out our own little easter egg hunt at a park. That one was lot's of fun, and not a ton of kids!
Payton at our little egg hunt at the park. With his treasure chest basket to collect his eggs.
 We had some friends over and dyed Eggs...



We made cupcakes..








Then on Easter morning we got ready and went to Church. I really spaced it and didn't take any pictures of everyone all dressed up. But their outfits were no different then every sunday, so it wasn't a big deal. I had wanted to make cute matching ties for all the boys, but I didn't get a chance. Oh well. Maybe next year. It was nice to get up and go to Church to remember the real reason we celebrate Easter before getting too wrapped up in all the commercialism behind it. 

After Church the boys (well mostly Payton) found all the eggs and presents the Easter Bunny left. 


Payton loved finding everything!

He's been really into Jake and the Neverland Pirates lately... so he got a spy glass and accessories. 


The twins enjoyed the baskets and messy 'grass' more then anything else. 

and staring at dad.


or the TV.

It was a great day! I made turkey and Ham dinner ( with lots of help from Devry), and we invited a couple families over. There were 14 people here for it!  We had another Easter egg hunt for all the kids that came. We all had a blast! I didn't get any pictures.. bummer. It was a great Easter. We missed celebrating with family, but we were happy to not have the stress of traveling. We are lucky to have made so many great friends here to celebrate with!

No comments: