Family pic 2013

Family pic 2013

Monday, September 24, 2012

6 Months old!

I thought time flew when Payton was a baby. 
But it was nothing compared to with these two. 
It literally seems like maybe a month ago I was in the NICU feeding them.
And here they are, 6 months old, growing and changing every single day.

Cohen continues to be a little bigger then Kayson (but you'd never know from looking at them or holding them...Kayson is solid!). Cohen weighed 14 lbs 13 oz at his well check, and was 27.5 inches long. He still has tons of dark curly hair, alot like Payton's was. He is a sweetie! He has become a very content, always happy baby. He used to be a little more needy and wanted to be held alot. Now he just plays and plays. He LOVES toys, or anything he can use as a toy (blankets, socks, clean diapers, pacifier clips etc). He is rolling everywhere, and getting his knees under him to scoot forward a little. He is a big momma's boy, and lights up whenever he sees me. It always melts my heart! He has a cute little giggle, and such a sweet smile. He sleeps on his tummy, no matter how hard I try to stop him. He loves his pacifier, and I think we are finally getting past him preferring his fingers. He loves his brothers. It is so cute to see him and Kayson interact more and more, and to see more reactions from them when Payton talks to them. He babbles and coos a ton. He LOVES rice cereal and cries when I don't give him bites fast enough. He has been a GREAT sleeper, and was to the point of sleeping 9pm to 6am...until lately when both boys began waking up every 3 hours to eat (which they have NEVER done). So we adjusted a few things, and the last 2 nights they've gone from 9-4.. we will get back to where we were. Hopefully soon.  We love life with this little guy!

Kayson weighed in at 14lbs 6 oz and 27 inches long. He is also very happy, and giggles a ton! Payton can get him giggling better then anyone, and I love watching them! He has been a little more fussy in the past couple months. Not what we expected from our once silent baby who NEVER fussed or made a peep. He still is a great baby...but just a little more needy then we expected him to be. He simply LOVES people. He wants to be talked to, held, played with constantly. He smiles at everyone! He is also rolling over a ton...but is more interested in following people then playing with toys. He loves LOVES his pacifier..and still gets swaddled at bedtime so he doesn't pull it out. He is a picky little guy, and HATES rice cereal. Cohen is screaming for more, and Kayson is screaming cuz we keep putting that nasty stuff in his mouth. I tried oatmeal, with no improvement. Finally I pumped some milk and made it with breast milk instead of formula, and he ate it much better. He's not a fan of formula, and since I'm not producing enough for their last feeding of the day, Cohen has been getting a bottle of formula while Kayson nurses. Spoiled monkey. He loves to talk to people, and just babbles away. He also had a rough patch of sleeping..but the last few nights has done great! We adore him and his social little personality!

Having Twins has been so much fun. Of course it is hard, especially with Devry being gone. But in all honesty, I would do it again (up to this point. Ask me again when they are 2 and I might have changed my mind). They are GOOD babies. Content, happy, great eaters, good sleepers (mostly). They love each other, and are always holding hands or linking arms. They have started talking to each other which is fun. They fight over toys (particularly Sophie the teething giraffe...might have to buy a second one). Speaking of teething...Neither of the boys have any coming in. They are super drooly and chew on everything, but no swollen gums, no signs of them coming. payton had 4 teeth fully in at this age with more on their way so its throwing me off a little! I wonder if they will get them at the same time. We'll have to see.  There are definitely hard things about twins, but It really is fun having 2 babies!

Here are some pictures from the last couple weeks. Still can't believe how big they are getting!


My 3 cuties!

Always linking arms

Payton taking picture

Kayson with Devry

Cohen as content as ever just playing on the floor with toys.


Rice cereal time
I love this because they are both asleep holding sophie. This really is a GREAT toy. It's more pricy then I normally would pay, but all three boys have LOVED it. 

My handsome guys looking so grown up in their church attire. 

2 comments:

Jeannette & Brandt said...

Chelsea, they are SO adorable!! Paisley didn't get any teeth til she was about 14 months old. We were really worried and Brandt asked one of his professors and it is totally fine. But it was just so weird since Peyton had teeth at 6 months.I need to call you one of these days! It has been too long and we need to catch up!

Rachelle said...

Oh my goodness! I love the linking arms!!! Miss you guys!