Now that it is October, I feel like I have a bit more time and can breathe. This week was my first week in a Regular Part Time position at work. That means I am now scheduled only 2 nights a week instead of 3. 1 less night may not seem like a big deal, but let me tell you..it is! I only have to work 8 nights a month. I have several breaks between shifts that are 4-8 days long. A small amount of stress was lifted at the start of this month. Knowing I now only have to leave Payton 2 nights a week and only have a couple days a week with little or no sleep is so much more manageable with Devry gone.
I found a wonderful babysitter to come stay at my house when I work. She is the best! Payton adores here, and gets so excited when she comes. She is so helpful and helps me keep my house clean, jumps in to help with everything, and entertains payton so well! Payton is doing really well adjusting to everything. It helps so much that she comes to my house and follows his routine exactly.
I am SO grateful to have such an amazing hard working husband. He is works his butt off 5 hours away, because it was the only way for me to cut back. We both knew cutting back was much needed for me, and especially for Payton. It is the hardest thing ever to have Devry gone, but we both know it is the right thing for us right now.
Devry is home right now for his 5 day break. It is SO nice to have him here. We are enjoying our time together so much! Hopefully this doesn't have to last too long though.
2 comments:
So glad things are going better. I know what you mean about doing the best you can for your child- were in NJ and Nate's in CA. and he'll go 3 whole months without seeing the boys but we didn't this because it was what is best for our family at the time. That's the definition of being a Parent! Good Luck with the next few weeks/months, I'm sure Payton loves having his Mom around a little more each week!
enjoy the time together! 1 day does make a huge difference, glad you were able to get that.
Post a Comment