I'm becoming very discouraged about loosing weight. I have been working so hard lately to eat healthy, and exercise 5 days a week. I have been doing really well with it! I am eating extremely healthy. I either run or go to zumba 5 days each week. I have stayed about the same weight for the past several weeks. I keep thinking, ok that sucks, but next week maybe it will start coming off. Nope. This week I gained 2 lbs! How?! ugh. I feel stuck. I lost about 14-15 lbs so easily, and then I have stayed the same ever since. I keep working at it thinking that one of these days it will start coming off.
It's one thing to have the motivation to keep going when you are seeing results. But why am I giving up all the foods I love when I gain weight with or without them? I know. It's about lifestyle, and being healthier. I feel better when I work out and eat right. But I'm not seeing a difference in the way my clothes fit, or on the scale. I wanted to be 30 lbs less than I am right now by Payton's birthday. At this point I don't see that happening, and it is so frustrating since I have been working so hard at it.
I had an appointment with a nurse practitioner the other day, and I expressed concerns to her about it. She was surprised I am not loosing with how hard I am working at it. She gave me several options of things to try. One of the options was the HCG diet..which, after doing some research, I decided not to do. The other one is a appetite suppression medication, which I ended up getting, but haven't taken it yet. I don't know how I feel about it. I really don't have that much of an appetite, so I don't know how it will help.
Any one have any suggestions? Here is what I am doing now:
I am eating 1200-1400 calories per day, divided into 6 small meals.
I eat fruits/veggies with each of my 6 meals, and protein.
I have almost completely cut out junk food (chips, pop, desserts)..with an occasional "cheat".
I run 2-3 miles about 3 times a week. I go to zumba at least 2 times a week.
I am not perfect with it, and maybe thats' the problem. Most days I eat exactly what I plan out, and nothing more. The days after I work, I don't eat at all until the afternoon, but then I have 2 small meals instead of 6. Would not eating for most of the day on those days throw me off? I struggle on Sunday. It is usually the day I slip up. We usually get together with Devry's family for Sunday dinner, and I struggle to not eat the delicious food, and desserts. The Nurse practitioner suggested only taking the medication on Sunday morning or something, to help me that day. That's an option I guess.
If anyone has any suggestions, I am desperate! My 30lb weight loss goal by July 27th is pretty much not an option, but I am really hoping 20lbs still could be. 20lbs in 2 1/2 months..that's healthy right?
9 comments:
I have always heard that it's not healthy to lose more than 2.5 lbs per week. But as long as you are getting enough calories and all the nutrients you need, I don't think it hurts to aim for more.
I have tried pills to supress my appetite and do a few other things, and they made me nauseous lol So it did work, because I didn't want to eat but I felt pretty gross! haha Let me know how yours work!
Have you tried changing your workouts? Everything that I have read says its important to change it up so that your muscles don't get bored and cause your progress to plateau.
At least you have gotten some off, I can't stay dedicated long enough to lose any!! haha
weight watchers is great...i don't know if they have one in rexburg. our health insurance covers 50% of it, maybe you have something like that to?
maybe you just need to change up your exercise...sounds like you've hit a plateau and you just have to work through it.
http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=33191&sc=3046
i doubt that eating a little more 1 day a week is going to ruin you, it sounds like you're trying to eat really well the rest of the time.
I SO understand.
My twins were one last month and I am struggling all the time - though Nadine is right it is not healthy to loose more than 2.5 lbs per week..
Perhaps you are changing your fat into muscle which weighs more and then all of a sudden with the extra muscle you will start taking it off!
Weight Watchers jump started me - though I am in the same place you are, but from my last post on my "Confessions of an Emotional Eater" blog I am stuck right now..
I would not go the pills way because what happens when you go off them???
I do not know how tall you are, but 1200-1400 is not a lot of calories.. Are you eating more calories on the days you work out??
I would try some class at the gym that uses weights.. Weight lifting class like Body Pump burns more calories and turns your fat into muscles which burn more calories..
Just my two cents! But I hear you!
P90X!!!! But you have to be dedicated and do it every night. I would definitely give it a try! Good luck girl! Sounds like you're doing great! Also, one thing that I do is when I buy things at the store I check labels and ingredients like crazy. I try to buy the healthiest thing possible even if it costs more. Also, P90X has a meal guide with recipes and everything :) Let me know what you decide!
I'm sorry! That really stinks! I don't have any suggestions, but hopefully feeling sad for you will be enough! :)
Yep I'm in the same place. NOt that thrilling to see the result of eating healthy and excersize made you gain weight. I've been experiencing the same thing. Well, I saw how you ate on Sunday and you did really well, you are very knowledgable in eating right and excersize. That was not something that would cause you to gain.
Over the last three weeks i've lost 1/2 a pound, which feels very slow to me, and I guess I just need to work on my mental game in losing weight (So vital). Let me know if you want to do some energy work and muscle testing.
Well... as a life long dieter (ho hum) here is my 2 cents. I would stay away from the "quick fix" option of diet pills. Long term effect studies are few and far between and I listen to oprah when she says, ladies, I promise when there really is "a pill" I will tell you, because you KNOW I am getting it! lol...true true.
I would actually up your calories just a little and aim for 1500-1600 a day. You calories may be too low and your body is slowing your motabolism down to accomodate. I know that seems counter productive but you need your motabolism (other than stunning good looks...our genetics carry a slugish metabolism sadly...:P )
I would switch up your excersize maybe? Your body gets used to the same workouts really fast.
Hang in there.. I would say, a ten pound goal until July is reasonable...in keep off fashion...any more will likely come back on. The slower it comes off...the slower you put it back.
Hang in there!!!
I am right there with ya!
Hi Chelsey!
Try googling "BMR calculator" (basal metabolic rate). I'm no doctor, but this will allow you to calculate the minimum number of calories your body needs just to survive. My BMR is higher than 1400, and I'm pretty sure you're taller than I am, so there's a good chance you're not taking in enough calories (like Jenny said). Even though you need to decrease calories to lose weight, not taking enough in for your body's basic needs will backfire on you. Have you talked to a nutritionist or a personal trainer? Otherwise, Google is your bff. Use it wisely and take what you read with a grain of salt!
You are doing a great job doing all of these things as well as taking care of a baby, being a wife, a homeowner, and working! It is truly impressive! Keep it up!!
Post a Comment