Family pic 2013

Family pic 2013

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Daddy's Boy

Payton absolutely loves his daddy. He gets SO excited when Devry walks in the room, espcially after getting home from work. Whenever I say "daddy's home" Payton starts looking around everywhere, smiling, laughing and squeeling even before he sees him.
Well, Yesterday Payton and I went over to my friend Whitney's house to visit with her and her baby, Naomi (who is a couple of months younger then Payton). While we were there Whitney's husband, Jaren came home from work for lunch. Whitney started telling Naomi that her Daddy was home. Apparantly Payton thinks that Devry is the only "daddy" because he got really excited hearing that "Daddy" was home. Then, Jaren walked around the corner, and Payton stared at him for a second then starting SCREAMING. That was NOT his daddy! He was not impressed at all. How rude to get his hopes up about his Daddy being home. He was so upset about it, and I thought it was so cute that he loves his Daddy so much. He is definately a daddy's boy.

5 comments:

Jeannette & Brandt said...

That is really cute! I miss him. We need to get together for another play date!

lisa h. said...

very cute. evan & calder were like that...they would freak when joe would leave and be in heaven when he was home. nolan loves joe too, but i think he's more used to him being gone a lot more. that's funny payton is so young and can already get mad about it not being his dad!

Mel McDonald said...

That's a darling story. Clark is the same way when Nate come's home.

Katy said...

What a funny story! Both of my kids LOVE Daddy too, which is nice...because when he comes home, I can go to the bathroom by myself. :)

jjandb said...

Hi! thanks for the comment!!!

I love them.

where/how do you get your blog printed?

J ox