Family pic 2013

Family pic 2013

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Today

4am - Payton wakes up hungry. He went to bed about 10:30...5 1/2 hours straight, can't complain. Feed, burp, change him...back to bed.

7am- Only 3 hours this time?! Maybe I'll go back to bed after I finish feeding/burping/changing him. So I feed him. Then burp him...and he spits up alll over me...with none of it making it on the burp cloth. There is nothing like the feeling of warm spit up running down your shirt. I have to remind myself not to drop him so I can hurry and wipe it up. So I put him down, change my shirt and get cleaned up. On to the diaper change. Make it through the whole thing...and I go to pull up the new diaper, he pees. The new diaper was up just enough to bounce the stream onto the bed. So I try to move the diaper....unsuccessful...he is now peeing on the clean shirt I just put on. I grab a new diaper, put it on and start taking the sheets off the bed to wash. What do I hear.....Payton filling his diaper. I put on a new shirt and pick him up....maybe we will have better luck on his changing table. I make it to his room and look down....He had completely blownout his diaper....and of course it ended up on my 3rd shirt of the day.

Peed on, puked on and pooped on....all before 8am. It's a good thing he's so cute.

5 comments:

Jeannette & Brandt said...

Hahaha! The joys of motherhood!

Rachelle said...

What a morning! Tell me he slept after that?!

Katy said...

haha...glad he could so graciously welcome you to motherhood. :) So sorry! Just remember it will be worth it! He is such a cutie and already is so big!

Melody said...

Oh, Chelsey. I have been there! I remember a 2 am feeding when Wyatt went through 4 diapers in one changing session (the original dirty one, the one he peed all over while I was putting it on, the one he pooped on the OUTSIDE of before I could get it on, and the one that stayed dry long enough for me to get him dressed and back in bed). Take heart, soon enough he'll be peeing on the bathroom floor instead of your clothes. :)

Rebecca said...

I hope the rest of your day was super fantastic!!!