This weekend was so much fun! My wonderful sister in law Rachelle hosted a baby shower for me on Saturday. Two of my best friends, Candice and Lindsey, came up from Utah with their husbands for it. They came on Friday night and stayed till after the shower on saturday. We had so much fun on friday night playing games, and talking around a Bon fire. On saturday we went out to the middle of nowhere and shot clay pigeons. That was fun! Lindsey is only 2 weeks behind me in her pregnancy, so I bet the two of us looked pretty funny all pregnant and shooting guns!


Saturday Afternoon we went to the baby shower. Rachelle did such a fantastic job! I am so lucky to have such a great sister in law who is so thoughtful and kind. Being so far away from where I grew up is sometimes really hard, but it is so much easier because Devry's family is close, and treat me so wonderful!

She made delicious cheescake squares and chocolate covered strawberries, plus veggies and dip. Devry's mom made punch and brownies. It all looked and tasted amazing!

The games we played were alot of fun. This picture is the diaper game, where each diaper had a different chocolate bar crushed up and melted in it, and the goal is to identify each one. It was really funny to watch people smelling and tasting them to figure it out. The other game we played was one I hadn't played before. I had a list of attributes or characteristics (eyes, hair, smile, humor, brains, etc) and had to say whether I wanted Payton to have mine or Devrys. Then everyone filled out the same list trying to guess which ones I picked. It was fun to think about and see what other people chose.

After games came the presents! I am so lucky to have such wonderful friends and family that spoiled me! This picture is of the diaper cake Candice and Lindsey gave me. It was so adorable, and such a great idea.

Here is a picture of all the great gifts I recieved. I got lots of cute clothes, bath things, diapers, wipes, toys, lotions, beauty supplies for me, and so much more. The absolutely gorgeous quilt is hand made by my mother in law. It is stunning, and I am amazed by her talent! My friend Laura made Payton's name to put on the wall with scrapbooking paper and cute decorations. It looks so good, and a million times better then simply painting it (which is what I was planning on because of my lack of creativity). There is a picture of it below hung up on the wall! I am so thankful to everyone who came, and for all the thoughtful gifts.
And here are some pictures of his room so far. I still have some things I want to put on the walls, and I need baskets for the changing table, but it is getting closer to being ready for him!

I have less then 5 weeks to go, and I am finally starting to feel ready! I have pretty much everything I need, and want! My house is back together, and his room is finally set up. I cant wait for the next 5 weeks to go by so I can meet my little boy!
6 comments:
I love how the nursery turned out! Looks so good!
Payton's bedroom is adorable! The "Payton" sign really adds to it. It looks like you had a great baby shower!
5 weeks to go!!!!
Holy cow! Your nursery looks AMAZING! I love it! That picture you took of all your presents, is that in your house? Because if it is your house looks SO different. I can't wait to see it in person!
Laura did an awesome job on the letters. I should have her do some for me. Sorry I missed it. I was out of town, but it looks like a ton of fun!
the room looks great. so far i've had two kids and still no real "nursery"...maybe someday, haha. glad things are going well.
Glad you had a good baby shower. Payton's room looks ADORABLE!!! Way to go...and 5 weeks to spare! :)
Post a Comment