Family pic 2013

Family pic 2013

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Time!

I made it through finals...and have had the last several days off of work...my task, to FINALLY decorate. My last final was on Friday, so I planned to decorate and clean on Saturday. I had a few errands I wanted to run first, but when I woke up Saturday morning the ground was snow covered, and the wind was blowing so hard I could barely see my car out the window. I debated still going, but decided I could spend my entire day getting the house ready and worry about errands another time.

Daisy and Dash loved the Snow. Dash had never seen snow before, so he thought it was pretty neat.
Daisy seemed to remember it from last year, and went crazy when I first let her outside. I spent the morning decorating the tree, piano and shelves. I'm not one to spend much on decorations that are only going to stay up 3 weeks of the year, so I tend to use things I already have and make them work somehow. We had another real tree again this year, thanks to Weston! I love the smell of a real tree. I used our red and gold decorations that I had from last year. It turned out really nice!


I happened to have a red and green vase around the house. I filled them with some extra Christmas bulbs and beads, and then put ribbon around them. Took me about 5 minutes each, and I think they look ok! I also had some plain candles already around, so I put some ribon around them, and some beads around the bottom to make them look Christmasy
On top of the piano, I put some garland on top of a $3 red table cloth that I bought from Kmart last year. Then I put my wonderful willowtree nativity scene that my mom bought us last year.


It feels so nice to be ready for Christmas. I still have a few little things to buy and do, but for the most part, I feel prepared.
It turns out that Devry and I will be traveling home to Nova Scotia after all! Not for Christmas, but we are leaving here the day after Christmas. It will be a pretty quick trip, from the 26th till the 30th, but I am excited to see family! Why we changed our minds? Tickets went on a major seat sale and were about half price. We could have gone before Christmas, but we really wanted to be here to celebrate with his family since most of them will be here. We will be there for Devry's birthday, so I have to come up with a fun way to celebrate. He keeps saying his TV is enough. He is loving life being able to watch his new TV. Here is a picture of it. (We havn't gotten a new stand for it, so you can see our old TV still)


2 comments:

Rachelle said...

that tv looks so fun for Devry to enjoy watching football this season! I'm glad you guys are staying for christmas, it should be fun having so many of us around!!! Awesome that you got tickets so cheap too.

Jeannette & Brandt said...

You did really well on your Christmas decorations! They look so good and so creative! High five!