Family pic 2013

Family pic 2013

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

School is out!








I am finally finished my first year of Nursing! Half way there! I have been so swamped with school and work, I havn't had time to breathe! We had a fun celebration for our class at Craigo's. Devry came with me, and we got some fun awards and free food! The picture above is me with my two closest friends in the nursing program, Candice and Lindsey.










Devry and I are preparing for Christmas, which is fun. We are starting our own traditions, which is always interesting. Christmas was very different for us growing up. My mom made a HUGE deal out of Christmas in our family. It was the most important time of year, and we did Everything christmas related together. Devry and I were lucky and got a real tree. Some friends went to chop their's down, and got us one too. It was so nice of them! Well we had it all set up and I started decorating, while Devry went in and watched football. I was not very happy with his decision, and asked him why he wasn't helping me. He told me that his mom always did the decorating growing up. It is really funny to discover how different traditions can be. Anyways we compramised and he sat and watched me decorate. It took quite a while....days...to finish decorating the tree. We kept running out of things. First we ran out of lights, so the next day we went to get lights. Then that night we ran out of garland, so th next day we went to get garland. It was an adventure. Well we finally got to the end and needed a tree topper. We hadn't bought one, but Devry's mom had an extra angel out in the shed, which worked perfectly. I showed it to Devry and all he did was laugh. The angel is holding two lights, and Devry had to point out that it looked like she was directing airplanes. Now I can't even look at the angel without thinking about it! haha We are staying in Idaho for Christmas. No big adventure trips to Nova Scotia this year. It is the first Christmas of my life I won't be at home, which is probably a good thing. We will get to start our own traditions, in our own house.


No comments: